1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik...All Star?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Nov 16, 2012.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Besides Dwight, there is no one else at the Center position in the West. Asik can definitely make the team as a reserve. The only competition I see will be from Marc Gasol, and their numbers are pretty comparable right now.

Wow, if Asik makes the All Star team in his first season here, signing him would be a bargain.

2. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

he is a bargain already...btw beyond good stats i think he possesses many not so invisible good traits....

3. torocan

torocan Member

Sorry to break it to you, but they eliminated the "Center" position from the All Star Ballot this year.

Center has been consolidated with Forwards into "front court".

So, this is the first year where you could actually have ZERO Centers at the All Star Game...

4. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Yes he is

5. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

Once again, there are no specially designated center positions on the All-Star rosters. It is 3 bigs and 2 smalls. No chance Asik gets on (merit-based) with the large quantity of 4s and 3s in the West. Not to mention, he isn't very well known around the league. He would need a huge boost from overseas Rockets fans.

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I think it's a long shot this year.....but I think
    he's a bargain regardless!....:)

7. rocketboyz1

rocketboyz1 Member

averaging a double double........wouldnt be surprised if this keeps up!!!:grin:

8. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Yeah, but isnt the allstar ballot 2 guards & 3 forwards?

9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

He's a bargain regardless. He won't make it, because there's no 'center' spot in the AS game anymore.
    There are many better frontcourt players + this team isn't very good.
    If anyone from this team makes it, it will be Harden. You aren't likely to have two all stars.

10. ooox

ooox Member

I got Dwight, Duncan, and Gortat over him. I don't think he'll make it.

11. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

"Frontcourt" instead of "Center" removes any chance of that happening.

12. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Very unlikely. In the past, he would have a shot to be selected as a backup C, but with 3 Forward spots now, he'll be included in a group that features Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin, Rudy Gay, Z-Bo, Timmy, LaMarcus Aldridge, Marc Gasol, Dwight, Deandre Jordan, Anthony Davis, and Serge Ibaka.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

When he is clearly better than Gortat as a player, then he has a chance.

And by that I mean he will probably be in the same position as Lowry was last year.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

Not this year. Maybe eventually if he keeps this up and improves a little bit more.

15. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

He doesn't often get the recognition he deserves but I love asik. This was a brilliant pick up by morey. I'm sure Chicago is fuming over losing him. It's kinda ironic that the player who had less hoopla compared to the other new comer, is doing much better this fat. Barring injury asik is going go far. *knock on wood*

16. junk151

junk151 Member

He's been solid for us but he won't be picked before Aldridge, Howard, Durant, Duncan, Griffin, Gasol even Anthony Davis.

17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

D12
    Gortat
    Gasol
    Al Jefferson
    JJ Hickson
    Demarcus Cusins
    Omer Asik

Are all all-star worthy if only there was a center spot on the ballot. I voted for Asik and will continue to do so but I doubt it will help.

18. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

not really , hes having a good year but i dont think he will make it this year :(
    maybe next year :confused: