1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Direct TV and ATT buy CSN Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dvr4me, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. finsraider

finsraider Member

Judge Isgur said that he recognizes that extending this into the season could cost the parties involved millions.

I think this will be wrapped up on Tuesday, and we will have the new channel on Wednesday. Sounds like quick turn around, but the wheels have been in motion for a while now. CSN still has the necessary staff to produce a game....they just need to switch out the graphics and background posters.

2. cebu

cebu Member

Comcast must die!!!

3. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I believe I read that CSN will still be airing the games, just no shows. I may be wrong.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

No chance they do a temp deal.

The Rockets broadcast (which is basically their people, cameras, mics, etc.) isn't going anywhere or doing anything different.

I'm guessing like most companies that go through a merger or buyout, they are contractually obligated to deliver these types of services through the transition so I wouldn't be shocked if the Channel that CSN Houston was previously airing on, flips on the broadcast on Friday without the pre and post game show & possibly without CSN branding.

I'm assuming the CSN Houston channel is still on, or showing re-runs/recordings but not sure.

I think there is still a chance they don't broadcast the game on Friday, but I would think it wouldn't be long enough of a transition to miss much if any regular season games. As soon as Tuesday's hearing is up, I'm sure its going to be a quick transition. Probably no pre or post game shows for awhile though until they get their branding, training, and systems integration taken care of.

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yes,

yes it sure was. I hope the best for Billy D. and hope to see Calvin doing Rockets talk. I loved C.M. with the other "white guy named Bill" and doing Rocket talk on am radio in 2009+ or whenever that was and I enjoyed him on CSN.

That clip with the baby in background and the comments they made about it and the tweets that c.m. got about that - classic!

6. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

I'm pretty sure I heard the producer(the guy running the control booth) say something like "see you guys in Utah as CSN or Root".

7. jimmy1234567890

Will Att Uverse show games this year?

Hey guys,
    I have been reading all different reports and I am completely confused. I have att uverse and have not been able to watch a game in peace for almost 2 years now. Will we have the channel this year or whats going on? Thanks in advance. :)

8. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

Yes, Root Houston channel will be on ATT uverse if the judge approves next week.

9. Aggie 99

Aggie 99 Member

So what happens to CSN's Rockets programming?

Now that CSN doesn't exists anymore. No more Calvin....Is it possible that Clyde and Bull are replaced?

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Calvin was a CSN employee. The game commentators are Rockets' employees.

11. zigzag

zigzag Member

also, Calvin will stay...

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The Rockets broadcast (their people, camera men, cameras, cables, mics, etc) are a separate entity apart from CSN Houston. I think legally all of that is contracted out to the network, but transfers over to the new network.

The only thing that will change is the branding around the show, the pre/post game shows, and any contributing network employees (Laila, Ho Chen, etc.).

I wouldn't anticipate much to change with the broadcast. You probably will only get sideline reporting from Bart Ennis in the meantime, and Calvin's role might get caught in limbo until a pre & post game show are added. Calvin might not even get added in the future as he's not a Rockets employee I dont think.

In other words, don't expect much at all to change other than the additional programming CSN provided which is most likely gone.

13. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

It's almost certainly going to happen, the question is when. First step will be the next court session next week, but whether that resolves things completely, and how long it will take the new station to be up and running is unknown at this point.

14. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I'm sure Calvin will be with ROOT sports soon or with the Rockets.

15. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even if the decision is delayed again won't the scaled back game only version of CSN still exist and still be operating under bankruptcy?

So in theory they could continue broadcasting starting with the Utah game and be aired by the networks who had existing CSN deals.

16. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

You're right.

That just make it all the better for CSNH to pack it up and get out.

17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Anyone can confirm if tonight's game will be NBATV only and no Rockets local broadcast - that means NBATV with Spurs feed?

18. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

It'll be on CSN. So NBATV is almost guaranteed to be blacked out.

19. Progs

Progs Member

Calvin Murphy and Kevin Eschenfelder will be doing the pre-show tonight.

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

So other than the Rockets game tonight, what is the CSN channel having on now? Just a bunch of infomercial or re-run of games or shut down?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.