1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Holy ****, Antrax

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nomar, Sep 9, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Nomar

Nomar Member

I see like helicopters and things. There is like antrax here at Emory. It was on CNN. I'm freaking out. we're right next to CDC. maybe they can do something.

2. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

i'm confused...

3. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

more info Nomar... an anthrax scare? the CDC pretty much always has anthrax, don't they? they got all kinds of wack viruses and stuff!

4. Nomar

Nomar Member

I don' know rH. I just see helicopters. and people are saying there's antrax on campus. this is ****ed up.

5. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

DO NOT PANIC

Anthrax organisms can cause skin infection, gastrointestinal infection or pulmonary infection. To do so the organism must be rubbed into abraded skin, swallowed, or inhaled as a fine, aerosolized mist. It does not leap into one's body. All forms of disease are generally treatable with antibiotics.

====================

if you are not directly in contact or near it, be patient and wait until the 'all clear' is given.

7. Nomar

Nomar Member

Okay rH.

8. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

I am a classsless douchebag.

#8 DrewP, Sep 9, 2002
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2002
  9. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

10. Nomar

Nomar Member

Drew - Way to go. You just reinforced your reputation as a classsless douchebag. Am I alone in thinking this is pretty serious business? Its not so funny when its happening about a mile away from where you live.

11. Nomar

Nomar Member

By the way Drew, I saw your vaunted Cowboys play last night. Wow. A more pathetic display of football ineptitude I have never witnessed. The defense looked like a high school defense; Carr picked them apart with ease, and had a great touchdown pass that was dropped. The offense... well I hope JJ goes out and gets a real QB. Otherwise the Cowboys will suck as usual. Emmit Smith. A more overrated piece of **** has never walked this earth. I really hope he gets injured so he doesn't break Payton's record. Payton would have gained 100,000 yards behind Smith's offensive line. What a joke.

P.S. : **** you.

12. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

Sorry Nomar, I didn't mean to offend you. tried to lighten up a situation. I truly apoligize. And yes, the Cowboys did play poorly last night.

13. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

I heard this on the news and immediately though of you Nomar. I would think that your chance at exposure(assuming this is even anthrax) is pretty slim. At least thats what I'm hoping for my man.

14. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

Lookit that. Potentially a huge flame war, resolved by the time the 11th reply came around. And these guys are teenagers. I hope all the angry old folks learn from this thread. :)

15. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

You are wise beyond your years, [size=1/16]now fix my damn sim team![/size] :D

Nomar,

I know that we have had differences in the past, but I am glad that you will be alright. Having silly arguments on a BBS is nothing compared to possibly having your life at stake. I think it makes us all realize how trivial this BBS is compared to some other things. Hang in there, and I'll be thinking about you.

16. Nomar

Nomar Member

Thats okay Drew. I'm sorry I overreacted. Its just pretty scary when stuff happens right down the road.

Thanks everybody for your concern. It happened to be a false alarm. I'm really thankful nothing bad happened. Peace.