1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

bachelor party help

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Pole, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

My best friend from high school is getting married in December, and part of my duties as best man is to come up with a bachelor party.

Ten years ago, this would have been easy, but as we've grown older, our live took different paths. Marriage has led me to the couch where I've grown fat, contented and lazy....only wanting to leave the house for the occasional night out at a restaurant, a nice vacation, and occassionally....work.

He, on the other hand, has been single his whole life, and he's lived life to the fullest. For as long as I can remember, he goes out several nights a week, and his wife to be is the same way. They're both pretty, and they hang out with pretty people, and they go to all the "right" places (at least I assume they do....it's not like I'd know for sure myself).

Anyway, I need to come up with a bachelor party for this guy, and I'd like to come up with something that all these party people will enjoy, and I'm having a tough time.

Due to time constraints (and the fact that he has friends all OVER the country who need to get together for this, we're planning on having it right here in Houston. Of course, there will be the obligitory titty bar sometime in the evening, but I'm more worried about filling out the afternoon and early evening with something that will be fun but won't break the bank for everyone.

A cool sports bar (not that I'd know a "Cool" one if it bit me) would be a safe bet, and I've even thought far enough outside of the box to think of something corny like paintball in the afternoon....although that seems like it could be a bit "white trashy" for this crowd.....though who knows? It might be really fun (never done it myself).

The thing is....I just don't know, and I need some help. Anyone got any suggestions?

2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Secure a home or rent a place. Cheaper than going to a strip club. Hire a stripper to cover that side of the entertainment. Get her for the minimum time (half hour maybe?) just to embarass the bachelor. If she's getting tipped, she'll stick around. Way less than everyone buying 'drinks' at a titty bar. Get plenty of good food, music, liquor and beer. Get cigars, several decks of playing cards and lots of poker chips. That's everything you need for a great bachelor party. If it's out of your budget, set up a tip jar or ask for small donations to defray costs.

3. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I have been to one of these....had a blast! The groom had a blast...one of the strippers was butt ugly with a great body...make sure you see every gal before, if you can....

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Buy this stuff to keep the loner guys busy;

p*rn mags
    A blow up sheep
    And a few gags from the p*rn shop

Everybody will be getting a kick out of that stuff and making stupid jokes.

In the basment of somebody's house rent two strippers. Make sure you have some sheets to lay down. That will take up a few hours of fun no doubt

Buy plenty of alcohol and set up a mini bar, order food early so it arrives on time.

Pre Stripper Stuff:
    Set up a poker game
    Eat out at a nice restauraunt
    Golfing
    Rent a box at the stadium
    paint ball
    pool hall
    skydiving - don't tell bride
    foos ball and ping pong keep people busy as well.
    ------------------
    post party stuff : Make sure everyone drives home safe and the groom makes it to the wedding.

5. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

You forgot paintball as a pre-party activity. Nothing beats that for laughs even if it leaves welts.

6. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Time to call the Salad Sisters!:eek: :D

7. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

...and remember, whatever you do, it will be 10X better with some chocolate pudding...

8. Buck Turgidson

There's always room for Jello.

9. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

Get a nice suite and rent A FEW girls to come over. The more there are the more comfortable they will be and are more likely to stay longer. And to start the day a golf outting is always fun...plus it seems like his friends are the type to enjoy that. Make sure they know so they can bring their clubs or let the course your going to know so they have enough clubs to rent (they nicer courses will have nice rent clubs) You can make some tee times and have each guy pay when they get there (you'll have to put it on your card to hold it). That will take you all the way till the party at the room. Beer and cigars are KEY! And don't be cheep with the smokes. If the girls do happend to cut out on you...go to a strip club, sit back, relax, and watch the rich guys blow their money. You'll have done your part!

10. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Oh yeah, don't forget to wear your stain defender khakis!!

Nice pants....where have they been?

11. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

How many people?

Maybe rent a van and take everyone to Lake Charles for some gambling during the afternoon, the head back to town for the strip club at night?

12. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

What about hookers?

13. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Ha ha.....you guys are great!

I have to admit....I like the idea about having strippers over to one place. It's a boat load cheaper in the end (I imagine), and it gives us more flexibility. Unfortunately, my wife has already laid down the law, so our house is out.

Still....I'm sure I can come up with something.

Where do I find strippers willing to come over...especially on a Saturday night when they probably have some good gigs in the clubs?

14. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

You're gonna have to get with Patrick Ewing for that answer....

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Strippers are cheaper in the end? I always thought that kind of thing would be more expens....

Forget it...

16. drapg

drapg Member

Holy ****. I haven't heard a mention of this in ages! Thanks for bringing a smile to my face on a lousy work day! :)

17. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

Look in the Yellow Pages.....plenty to choose from! Call a few to get an idea of you who like and are comfortable. Alot of them have web-sites.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Agree with Batman Jones and bama here. I wish I had thought of paintball the last time I organized a bachelors party.

I recall an event (in Houston) much like Batman describes. The stripper was very drunk and her monstrous boyfriend just sat watching everything as he leaned massively on a nearby wall. She danced to "I think of you when I touch myself" and then we were all like "thanks, okay, nice knowing you. Here's the check. Bye." It was sad, because she was so trashed.

Then she said "no, I want to dance more! get me more music!"

And one of my most evil friends said "I've got some music" and put on a Devo album. The next ten minutes reside in that part of my brain when only David Lynch films are housed.

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Call GiGi's and ask for Kevin after 7:00pm. :)

20. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

My pleasure. I witnessed a Salad Sisters performance at a friends bachelor party about 15 years ago. I haven't looked at a cucumber the same way since.:eek: