1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PC Help] I'm technologically inept

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jontro, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

So I had guests come over with little children and one of the kids bumped my pc while it was running and it shut off. I wasn't there so I didn't know what actually happened. So then when I try turning on my computer it made continuous beeping noises then shuts off. Then it'll turn on by itself seconds later and continue the cycle on a never-ending loop. I tried playing MacGyver and opened the pc case and saw nothing was damaged. I read that a continuous beeping noise meant "Check for improperly seated or missing memory" from this Link.

But now when I turn on my pc I get the BSOD that says "Bad_Loop_Header" and a Technical Information:

***STOP: 0x00000019 (0x0000000000000020, 0xFFFFF8A0047F2510, 0xFFFFF8A0047F2770, 0x0000000005260105).

After browsing around google, I think it means there's something wrong with the memory, but after opening up my pc, I have no idea what the memory card looks like. I assume it's the only green rectangular plate in there and after a close inspection, nothing seems to be wrong with it.

So then I went into BIOS to run system diagnostics, but was like wtf am I looking at?? There isn't any "system diagnostics" I can find in there. It's a GIGABYTE - UEFI DualBIOS.. if that helps.

The menu I see are:
    M.I.T, System, BIOS Features, Peripherals, Power Management, Save & Exit.

Can someone explain to me in simple terms what's wrong with my pc? How do I fix it? Will my pr0nz files be deleted?

TIA
    <3

2. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

your p*rn files will be deleted.

god have mercy on your soul

3. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

I am thinking this is a desktop computer. Your RAM has probably jostled out of its holder. Look inside, you might just have to push it back in.

You are looking for a rectangular green stick.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Like you said, the error seems to be about your memory. If they bumped it maybe it got jogged loose.
    You're right, it's the green rectangular things. Push down on the two white thumb clips on either side of the DRAM and it should pop out. To get them back in just line it up level and push down steadily at the corners of the DRAM itself (near the thumb clip). It should start to go down and also swivel the thumb clip up until it just pops in.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Open up your case. Look for the green rectangles like you thought. Fap onto them to strengthen the connection and seal the bond between your memory sticks and the motherboard. That should fix it.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

OK so I did everything short of fapping onto the computer. Apparently the green rectangle I was talking about originally was not the memory stick. It's bigger and has its own fan.

So I plugged out the smaller green stick and plugged it back in and it still gave me the BSOD with the same message. Did I plug it in incorrectly? I did it nice and carefully though.
    There are 2 slots and I only have 1 green stick, I will try putting it in the other slot.

Anything else I could do? btw cannot fap without teh pr0nz, sorry breh Duncan :(

7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

That's ur video card

might be cracked. Not sure how hard the kids hit it.

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

maybe you killed it with static electricity.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

Damn how do I know if it's cracked? I checked it just now and the stick looks fine. The kid is like 2 years old, I don't know if he can hit it that hard to make it crack. My guess is that he tripped over the cables and knocked the pc over. My room has ceramic floor, so maybe that could be what knocked it out of its place holder.

I hope I don't have to get a new stick.

10. Karolik

Karolik Member

If something did break, RAM is like the cheapest thing you can replace hardware wise...be happy it wasn't something else.....lol

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

run a memory test. if they're fine, then you might need to buy a new motherboard/computer.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

How do I run a memory test? I assume it'll be from BIOS because if I start it up normally, it'll go straight to the BSOD.

Weirdly enough, I can run it on safe mode with no problems.

13. Yonkers

The motherboard runs through a POST during the bootup, checking memory etc. If it's failing even before that you're screwed. lol

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

No I think it's fine. I dunno what POST is, but it lets me sign in to windows and THEN goes to the BSOD within seconds afterwards. Still no problems going on Safe Mode.

Maybe I should take it to the shop. I won't have time until like weekend tho... and waiting until then sucks.

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I'm not convinced that it's a RAM issue.If a cord got yanked it's probably your video card or video card drivers.

Being able to work fine in safe mode is very telling. Usually a video card driver issue is revealed here.

Can you double check your spelling of the error and post a pic of the bsod?

Have you tried last known good configuration or system restore?

Also, and very important, what version of windows?

I won't bother with instructions on this stuff because it's out there on google.

1 person likes this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'm on a Windows 7. Here's the [Huge] pic of the BSOD:

[​IMG]

The computer worked fine for a few hours last night after it happened and it automatically went to the last configuration that worked. So I think that's that.. but then in the morning it went to the BSOD and never looked back.

I know now that the big green sheet with its own fan is a video card, but how do I know if it's broken? The fan is still running when I turn on the computer. Also out of the few seconds that my computer did work earlier before it broke and went to the BSOD, I opened minesweeper and it said something about "No suitable graphics device" or something.

btw, i can still open teh pr0nz files on safe mode :D, however the video quality is poor (video card?)

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

Update:

I went and took it to this shop... it was closed. Drove like a good 15 miles to that place -_-

Anyway, I looked around google and checked some youtube help videos... and did a system restore or some sort. And so far it's working again. I hope this time around can be permanent. Thanks a lot for the help brehs! I know what a RAM stick and a Video Card is now!

<3

18. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Lol.

Should have done that to begin with.

Goodluck though!

19. Yonkers

I'm willing to bet that kid surfed to some pr0n site and get your machine infected. Now that you've done a system restore, you're probably good again.

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That wasn't an accident. That was a carefully planned hit. Someone is going after your fap material Jontro.