1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Guardians of the Galaxy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Legendary ALIEN And STAR WARS Sculptor Working On GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Link

Brian Muir, the movie prop sculptor responsible for everything from the Space Jockey to Darth Vader's mask and armour, will be working on Guardians of the Galaxy for Marvel Studios and James Gunn. Read on for details on that and the "Star Wars" vibe of the movie.

Josh Wilding - 3/21/2013

According to Bleeding Cool, they have learned that Brian Muir, the movie prop sculptor who worked on the Ark of the Covenant for Raiders of the Lost Ark (as well as the iconic props and costumes mentioned in the teaser above and many, many more) is currently hard at work on Guardians of the Galaxy at Pinewood Studios in London. He also worked on Thor: The Dark World. When they asked their sources whether or not he is crafting Star-Lord's mask, they were "given the run around", although they did find out that "there’s something of a Star Wars vibe to the plans for Guardians." This is very good news for the movie, especially if we're going to see the costumes which were featured in the above piece of concept art unveiled at last year's San Diego Comic Con.​

CONFIRMED: Dave Bautista Is 'Drax' In Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Link

[​IMG]

After the former WWE wrestler proved himself to be a formidable onscreen threat in the action-packed The Man With the Iron Fists, Dave Bautista has landed the role of 'Drax' in James Gunn and Marvel Studios' big screen adaptation of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Josh Wilding - 3/14/2013

Various reports have indicated that Marvel Studios have been closing in on their 'Drax the Destroyer' for Guardians of the Galaxy over the past few weeks now, with Jason Momoa and Dave Bautista said to be the two frontrunners. Well, The Hollywood Reporter has now confirmed that the mixed martial artist and WWE wrestler Dave Bautista has closed his deal to play the character in James Gunn's big screen adaptation. The site describes the character as, "a human resurrected as a green warrior with the sole purpose of killing Thanos (the villain in the final-scene tease of Avengers). His powers include flight, super-strength and energy blasts." Bautista joins Chris Pratt (Star-Lord) in the movie which is currently set to be released on August 1st, 2014.​

Jim Sturgess Compared ‘Star-Lord’ To ‘Han Solo’ Amid GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Auditions Link

[​IMG]

Recounting his extensive process of auditioning and screen testing for Star-Lord, actor Jim Sturgess compared Guardians of the Galaxy to Star-Wars upon learning about its story. Check it out!

DCMarvelFreshman - 3/17/2013

While endorsing his recent film, Upside Down, Jim Sturgess furthermore discussed his screen test and audition process for the lead role in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy film. Despite losing the Peter Quill / Star-Lord part to Zero Dark Thirty star Chris Pratt, Sturgess told The Huffington Post:

“They’re not films that I would go and see particularly but I really started to get intrigued by it. I went to the audition and I was called back for another audition and I had a screen test and another screen test. I think I got down to the last two people. It was fun. Again, I was really, really, really excited about the idea of making a film that other people were really, really excited about seeing. I was amazed instantly by the fact that our names got put out there as a group of actors that had gone out for it and everybody was writing about it and excited about it.”

Even though Guardians of the Galaxy has been dubbed a Big Space Epic expansion of the Marvel Cinematic Universe for quite some time, Jim Sturgess wasn’t fully aware upon auditioning. However, further down the casting process, he deemed the James Gunn-directed adaptation’s main idea.

“Then I discovered more and more about the story and it felt like more of a Star Wars than it does Spider-Man. You don’t actually get to know that much about the project. It’s all under lock and key which is crazy but obviously, it’s based on a comic. What I realized is it’s not rooted in reality. It’s up in space and the character was a space pirate of some sort so it was much more in the vein of Han Solo rather than just dressing up in a tight fitting suit. I guess your competitive nature starts kicking in. When you go for the first audition you think, ‘This is a bit of fun.’ Then you get further & further down the line & then you think, ‘****, maybe I really want to do this.’”

In other related micro news, actor Nick Offerman recently mentioned Guardians of the Galaxy on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno while embellishing his longtime friend and Parks and Recreation co-star Chris Pratt as a true superhuman being. Anyhow, filming starts at the end of June.​

(I swore that there was a thread for this but a search yielded nothing....so here ya go.. )

1 person likes this.
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The Benecio Del Toro add I liked, I'm not sure who he is, he looks like Thanos actually, they have the same eyes, but I think he might just lend voiceover.

But the John C. Reilly add... I've never been able to take that guy seriously, even when he was playing serious roles. And he isn't funny either. And he's ugly. Hopefully he's a character that wears a mask.

3. magman

magman Member

Being a Parks and Recreation fan, I'm excited about Chris Pratt playing Star-Lord, hope it works out.

[​IMG]

Still don't have a clue how they will tie this in with the universe Marvel has developed, I mean there's a talking raccoon that shoots guns, lol

4. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

These superhero movies are getting really old, really fast.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think this one will be closer to Star Wars than any super hero movie.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Well...Iron Man is one of the Guardians in the new Guardians of the Galaxy if that helps. One of their main enemies is Thanos. Also...all Guardians are honorary Avengers according to the comics.
    Personally I'm really excited about this movie. No clue how it'll turn out, but the more I read about the Guardians the more interesting I find them. I'm actually more excited about this than Thor2/Captain America2, and I liked both of the first movies.

[​IMG]

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You don't think John C. Reilly is funny? To each his own. As for him being ugly...why are you worried about that? Are you trying to have sex with him?

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

My wife would agree he's ugly, but so what? The guy's talented.

And he made me laugh a lot with "Stepbrothers".

And, oh, yeah, "Walk Hard":

Let Me Hold You / Little Man

All the elevator Buttons
    Oh so Incredibly High
    I stand today for the midget
    Half the size of a regular Guy

Let Me Hold You Little Man
    As the parade passes by
    Let Me Hold You Little man
    We'll make believe you can fly

You shout for me to put you down
    But I'm marching today for your cause
    I'm bangin' the drum
    Your big day will come
    When they remake the wizard of Oz

Let Me Hold You Midget Man
    We'll pretend that you're flyin in space
    Let Me Hold You Little Man
    So the dog will stop licking your face

Little Shoes, Little Pants
    Little Song, Little Dance
    Little Heart, Little Mind
    But your rights are as big as mine

Na, Na-Na-Na, Na-Na-Na-Na
    Na-Na Na Na-Na Na Na
    Thank God I'm Tall
    I won't let you fall
    We're all midget, one and for all
    Thank God I'm Tall
    I won't let you fall
    We're all midget, and some are just small

Stand Up For The Little People!

9. underoverup

underoverup Member

Hopefully they will bring in the "time ribbon" concept enabling the uniting of Marvel, Star Wars, and DC universes.

10. Nero

Nero Member

The thing which is scaring me is I keep hearing 'it's going to have a Ghostbusters vibe' to it, which just seems absolutely wrong in the Marvel universe they have been building.

Is GotG supposed to be a comedy? I have never even seen one of the comics, much less read them, so if it's intended to be humorous, then fine, but the tone of Ghostbusters just doesn't seem to fit in with anything else they have done.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

No, I don't believe it's supposed to be a "comedy". I'm sure it'll have comedic elements to it, I mean you have a giant tree that more or less only says "I am Groot" (although, he's supposed to be very intelligent, and what he's saying isn't necessarily "I am Groot", it's just how we perceive it) and a raccoon with giant guns. If you aren't making fun of it a little bit, then someone else is going to. Can't take yourself too seriously with the material. With that said Drax, Gamora, Starlord all have somewhat tragic origins. It'll be a mix I believe. Dunno about the Ghostbusters comparison, I don't follow that much either. Although the original Ghostbusters did have a bit of a serious tone to it, in addition to the comedy.

12. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah my superhero movie T-3000 detector crashed 2 summers ago.

That would be a nice change.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

No, he doesn't make me laugh. It's all fart jokes with that guy. Superman, Magneto, Wolverine, Batman, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Green Lantern, Daredevil - they're all sex symbols. Then you have this bozo straight out of a trailer park from 1980's Arkansas get a major role? C'monnnnnn.

I hope not. That sounds stupid.

A little humor is fine but I've seen giant trees done without the comedic element in Lord of the Rings.

14. VanityHalfBlack

You two need to stop bickering and bring out the sabers and fight!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HPPj6viIBmU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Where was the bickering? We're having a discussion. You're just being an instigator.

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You realize he isn't any of those characters right? He has a role in the movie, hell it may be the voice of Groot or Rocket Raccoon for all we know. He isn't Starlord, Drax, or Gamora so you won't be seeing his face as a "superhero". Your argument doesn't really work. The rumor I heard is he's a commander of sorts.

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

This will likely suck.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

His role was confirmed, I think it's up at superherohype.com - the original report was wrong. I have no idea who any of the characters are except for Thanos and Rocket Racoon. So yeah, not sure what he'll be doing, I just don't care for the guy as an actor. Then again, I don't like Mark Wahlberg yet Scorsese created an amazing role for him in Departed, so believe me, I know it's not the end of the world.

Just let me dislike the guy, sheesh. I'm sorry he resembles the strange, overly touchy/feely shop teacher who's shoulder you cried on when you were younger after your dad that never loved you was mean to you on car rides to school.

[​IMG]

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Not judging you, you can dislike him. :)
    Like I said, just having a polite discussion with you.

[​IMG]

Get some!
    Also, I see your schwartz is as big as mine...

20. ptR91

ptR91 Member