1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PC] So... A Diablo 3 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Acedude, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

NDA has been lifted today, gaming sites blocked @ work, so stolen from /r/diablo/

Key parts bolded.

10+ years of waiting is almost over! (I think)

EDIT: explanation on the removal of skill/talent trees.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NVTVMqtmxPU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Outlier

Outlier Member

No single player, wow that is so bullcrap.

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

how in the hell can you not have single player?!

r****ded.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

The money system is the future.

I can almost imagine that making it free to play with no subscription fees.

5. Acedude

Dunno about everyone else, but I've only played Single Player the first go around through Normal difficulty, where then it lost its luster. I can say that 99.9% of my time spent on D2 was online with friends, and D3 will be the same thing.

D3 was never going to be pay-to-play. From what I hear, it costs a flat fee to list items on the Real Money AH to prevent people listing everything on there, and another flat fee when it sells. You also get a few free listings every week or so.

6. mraznb0i

mraznb0i Member

There is a single player campaign, it's just that you'll have to be online like SC2 for it to work.

7. Rocket1

Rocket1 Member

This is correct.

8. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Is this to prevent cheats?

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

Is that sure because from the first post it makes it sound like something else entirely.

10. Acedude

You got a link for the info?

My understanding has always been, Blizzard doesn't want SP in D3 because people played D2 in SP and, upon the realization that they can't continue to play on Battle.net with their friends, quit playing because they've invested so much time already and must start over.

Quote from Bashiok a few months ago:

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

12. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

No single player, no LAN play = another money maker for Blizzard that I'm not dumb enough to get sucked into.

13. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Blizzard is getting greedy. The reason why I never bother buying SC2 because of no LAN game. You can install on as many machine at home but you can't play it against anyone with one copy.

This ONLINE thing better be the same as UT3 that you need to login to your account but able to play offline it offline.

Stupid thing like this give people good reason to not even bother buying the game and just download the hack version so they can play offline.

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

10 years of waiting for this crap.

I hope it fails miserably.

15. Acedude

We can all agree that the merger with Activation is slowly but surely ruining the company in the long run. Speaking from my POV, the lack of offline single player and LAN (while an absolute necessity in RTS like SC2) are not deal breakers for me. Regardless of what Blizz say about incompatibility between offline vs online characters, the main reason is DRM, and people HATE HATE HATE any kind of DRM that limits access to a game they paid good money for.

I'll continue to QQ about the 4-player-max party limit, lack of skill tree, and RTM ingame. In the end, I've been (not so) patiently waiting 10+ years for this game, and I'm gonna shell out the 60 bucks and be happy about it.

And for those looking for an alternative, check out Torchlight 2, made from members of the Blizzard NORTH company, allows LAN, mod, offline, online, etc. I'll also be buying that if it comes out before D3.

16. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

That's what pisses me off about this DRM crap. Got so piss off and didn't understand why I couldn't save my profile setting with UT3 on my computer and the setting keeps changing back to default. Found out you have to log in to keep all the ****ing settings. ****ing annoying.

17. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

single player? I have played d2 and lod since day 1... only time i played single player was when my AOL internet was out

the people will determine the economy system... so if you see the real money part thriving, that means it's what the people want... and you're the minority

only thing i don't like is that they said we can eventually purchase characters... which means leveling may not be as easy as d2, and that endgame may be just pvp; and party of 4 maximum

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The fun in Diablo is the multiplayer and multiplayer only.
    There has never been a "campaign" for Diablo games... ever.
    LAN? If you don't have some form of internet connectivity by now; that's your own problem.

I am pissed off about the four player limit though.
    8 players was fun in D2...

19. Acedude

More good details on the RMT.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/01/diablo-3-to-feature-player-to-player-real-money-auction-house-fo/

20. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

this isn't news, but i don't like that pvp is limited to 3v3 arena games

so long are the days of killing or chasing away a trash talker

you all can b**** and cry about d3 this and that, but at the end of the day, diablo will sell, and sell extraordinarily well, those of you who loved diablo2 will buy this game, as much as you may complain about the new direction, this includes me and every other nerd whose childhood is enthralled in SoJ's, cowrunxx001/001, MF runs, and pkpkpkpkpkpk