1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PlayStation 4 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Progs

Progs Member

I bough the ps3 version of Last of Us but only got two hours in because of work and school. Should I just turn it in and get the ps4 version?

2. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

If it was me I would since Gamestop has the deal of trading in your PS3 copy towards the PS4 copy and get it 50% off.

3. Progs

Progs Member

Good deal. Thanks.

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Wow really? I might just do that.

5. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Yup, not a bad deal. I think Sony is working with Gamestop on that one.

Have a friend that's playing it for the first time today and he's loving it.

6. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Damn. I guess I have to get it. I beat it at sea, so I think I missed out on trophies. Add to that, the DLC and I'm in. I hear the graphics are worth it too. With this discount, I will be picking it up I think.

Although, I'll have to beat it before Destiny drops.

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Do all the DLC come included in the remastered version?

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yeah.

9. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I looked around, I guess I missed it? Didn't see anything special. I'm about four hours in, pretty good so far. I tried multiplayer first and the player count is low, but the maps aren't that big either, so I think they designed the maps to accommodate the player size. Multi is kinda slow, it's more of a stealth/camp to get kills vs run and gun. Oh, multi sucks that I hit a guy with my rifle six times and he still survived some how and he one hit melee kills me. Wtf is that? In real life, it would be the other way around.

10. Houston Rockets

Anyone played mlb the show if so is it worth getting

11. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

Yeah it's good fun, not much of a franchise mode, road to the show is good though

12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

What this guy said. But I will warn you if you are looking to play online don't expect a smooth experience. It took me and my friend 45 minutes to figure out how to play an online game together and once we played it was pretty laggy. More recently the online has been a bit smoother but it still needs some fixes and wish we could play Homerun Derby online as well.

13. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I'm the exact opposite. I only play franchise haha

14. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I have not done much multiplayer. I would not say that whole part was nothing special ha. It is just cool visually. The game paints the story so well.
    There is just some crazy stuff going on when you are driving around. I guess nothing too crazy if you are expecting it. My friends just happened to be looking the wrong way. The people going crazy and houses on fire and stuff. Even at the beginning when you are in the bedroom and watching the news and the explosion happens outside as well as on tv. Pretty cool.

15. Houston Rockets

Appreciate the feedback it looks good and I saw there was no baseball game for xbox one.

16. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

They have that RBI Baseball for X1 and PS4 but I hear its trash. Especially compared to the Show

17. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_WsqQtqwP9E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Yes Bloodborne is looking mighty fine. Also that last game they showed "Wild" has me very intrigued.

I like that they're finally bringing the share play feature. Probably going to be a huge firmware update hopefully coming soon

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'll believe it when I've seen it working.
    Also, this could really undercut some sales (it's an amazing feature if done correctly) so again I am not entirely sold it will work as advertised.

Example: Far Cry 4 Co-Op...when they announced it at E3 they made it just sound like any of your friends could play co-op with you without having the game. Now the full details come out, and you get 10 keys to give to people and each only last for 2 hours.

While it's a cool feature, I sure as hell won't be buying Far Cry 4 because of it.

20. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Nice.

The aesthetics remind me quite a bit of Nightmare Creatures.