1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[New Fast Food Chain] Jollibee

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cardpire, Aug 22, 2013.

1. conquistador#11

'that aint spaghetti, that's army noodles and ketchup'

2. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

This place is gross they just opened a few of these in Hawaii both in the heart of filipino communities. It seems they are targeting these areas with brute force. I would never touch any of this crap.

3. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Filipino?

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jollibee was one of the first restaurants to reopen in Tacloban after the city had been devastated by Typhoon Haiyan. They brought in a food truck with their own generator and had a line around the block while the McDonalds was in still in ruins.

6. Asian Sensation

7. cebu

cebu Member

Their spag is not close to the original recipe they reserve in the Philippines. The only thing that tastes and smells the same is the chicken.

Breakfast is good too. Avoid spag and burgers.

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I don't care even if you are the mayor of Cebu, but calling it spag just doesn't sound right.

9. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Yup.

:grin:

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Capitalist vultures trying to make an easy buck when people are suffering in Tacloban.

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I actually visited it earlier this year on my way to my friend's family in Carigara. Really sad to see what happened there and hear all the stories. There are still plenty of reminders of the devastation and some places will never be the same. Nevertheless, I was thrilled to see how strong and proud the folks are. If anyone can overcome it, they can.

Also, Jollibee was strange, but it grew on me. I couldn't get enough of the bangus, lol

12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Not sure if sarcastic. By the time Jollibee reopened starvation wasn't a problem in Tacloban and many markets had also reopened. I'm not a fan of fast food but I don't fault Jollibee for going out of the way to get back into a city where there clearly was a demand. It also probably helped to restore a sense of normality to be able to get a burger.

13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

It will take decades for Tacloban to recover. Considering it was one of the poorer areas of the Philippines with little industry before makes it much harder to recover.

As for Jollibee in Tacloban I didn't try it. My host bought me some burger and fries but my appetite was down so I gave my food to some kids. I had Jollibee a long time ago in Singapore but don't remember anything particular about it.