1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Direct TV and ATT buy CSN Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dvr4me, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dvr4me

dvr4me Contributing Member

Great news!! Follow David Baron on Twitter for all the info!!

1 person likes this.
  2. kyrie Dwight

kyrie Dwight Member

Finally good news

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Damn my building forces me to have dish..... I hope I can get the rockets some how.

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

But good news I'm happy theirs progress my rockets In other homes that's what it's all about.

5. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

FINALLY!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

There goes this Comcaster's dreams of getting transferred to CSN Houston and becoming the announcer of the Rockets when Bill leaves. ;)

7. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

GAMECHANGER!

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Can we get a link to the story or something?

9. Jo3yBo3y

Jo3yBo3y Member

Biggest off season move thus far!

This is waaaaaayyy better then getting Chris Bosh.

10. Bob Barker 007

http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastros/2014/08/06/att-directv-to-take-over-comcast-sportsnet-houston/

AT&T and DirecTV Sports Networks apparently will become the sole owners of the network now known as Comcast SportsNet Houston under a plan of reorganization filed late Wednesday night with federal bankruptcy court.

The plan was filed about 12 hours before a 10 a.m. status conference today before U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Marvin Isgur regarding the 11-month-old Chapter 11 bankruptcy case involving the Astros-Rockets-Comcast partnership.

According to an investment agreement involving AT&T, DirecTV Sports Networks, the Astros and Rockets and signed by Astros owner Jim Crane and Rockets CEO Tad Brown, the Houston Regional Sports Network partnership will be reorganized as a limited liability company with 1,000 common shares – 40 percent to AT&T, 60 percent to DirecTV Sports Networks.

Those shares will represent “the totally outstanding equity interest of HRSN,” the agreement said. Accordingly, interests of HRSN owned by the teams and Comcast “shall be irrevocably canceled and terminated.”

The involvement of DirecTV and AT&T as owners would indicate that DirecTV and AT&T U-verse would sign on to carry the Rockets-Astros network, helping ease the carriage crunch that has limited viewership of CSN Houston to no more than 40 percent of Houston area TV households.

Comcast, however, presumably will continue to carry the network as part of its existing carriage agreement, although that element was not made clear in the documents filed Wednesday night.

The reorganization plan and investment agreement submitted to the court do not include specific dollar amounts stating the value of the reorganized network. It also states that the reorganized company will enter into new media rights agreements with the Astros and Rockets, but no terms of those agreements are stated.

Attorneys with Haynes and Boone, the Houston law firm appointed by the court to represent the bankrupt network partnership, presumably will outline more details today about the network’s future at today’s status conference.

However, the presence of DirecTV Sports Networks as a partner in the reorganized company would lead to the conclusion that CSN Houston will become the newest Root Sports network, joining regional sports networks in Denver, Pittsburgh and Seattle owned or operated by DirecTV.

While the plan has the backing of the Astros and Rockets, it does not necessarily represent the final word in what will become of CSN Houston. Competing plans, including, presumably, a counter-proposal by Comcast, could be filed within a month’s time, according to attorneys familiar with the case. Other attorneys familiar with the case estimate that winding down the bankruptcy case could take up to 70 days, although the court could reduce that time frame.

1 person likes this.
  11. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

im ready to fight if someone lied

12. Nero

Nero Member

All I can think of now is that new Brad Pitt movie, the tank one, where he says 'The war ain't over yet, there's still a lot of killing and a lot of dying to go..'

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Let's hope it gets finalized before the season. Thank goodness.

14. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

No kidding. I can't believe there is an end in sight for this fiasco.

15. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

16. cdain3

cdain3 Member

What about dish network?

17. J Hard

J Hard Member

I can actually see my local sports team on television now?

I cant remember what that feels like.

18. Brutaldiego88

Brutaldiego88 Member

Thanks for finally giving us what is rightfully ours?

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

20. cbk41

cbk41 Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UbUDJ4Ck6hk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.