1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cushing getting an MRI today?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nero, Oct 6, 2014.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Haven't really heard the Texans flat out deny this (MRI story). It's starting to make me nervous...

2. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Cushing plz

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Where are the Texan's insiders?

4. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

^^ you mean Chico?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Do we have those?

6. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Hopefully a check up pls?

7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

No, but it sure would be nice right about now.

8. Convictedstupid

I don't want to Batman Jones y'all but from what I was told his MRI looked fine (ie, no tears).

9. jay_09

jay_09 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Brian Cushing had his knee drained on Saturday, the night before the Cowboys game. MRI yesterday, treatment, and now day to day. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Jayson Braddock (@JaysonBraddock) <a href="https://twitter.com/JaysonBraddock/status/519522789942771712">October 7, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I'm assuming this us the surgically corrected knee? This really shouldn't surprise anyone. At least he isn't out for the game. This might just be a regular thing to keep it healthy. I'm sure he still has a lot of strength that needs to be built back up. I'll be happy as long as it's small steps forward. It really isn't fair to expect him to come back and be %100.

11. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

He may not be 100% but he almost knocked Murray out of the game with one hit. He is coming back and we are going to be stout when he and Clowney are back

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Cushing clearly ain't right. That play in the first half with him "chasing" Bell just made me sad. He looked like a senior citizen chasing someone off of their lawn.

I'm wondering if some of the bad positioning by the safeties isn't related to them thinking hey have to cover Cushing's ass. He's been just as this season and only seems to be getting worse. If there's a position other than QB that needs to be upgraded right now, I thinks it's ILB.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Kind of wondering what's up with Cushing too.

Anybody got the PFF grades on him?

Is he even giving us starter quality play?

14. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

To be fair, Bell is going to make a lot of LBs look slow... not that that excuses Cushing, of course - but I don't think that play by itself is reason for concern.

15. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It's sad that the fans have been calling for an ILB to help out Cushing the last few years and managment has never addressed it. And now we might be looking for Cush's replacement rather than simply somebody to pair with him.

We haven't drafted a true LB since Darryl Sharpton in 2010. In the last 4 drafts, we've only drafted college DEs and tried to convert them to OLB (5 of those) but nobody for the inside.

16. tested911

tested911 Member

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You have to concede positions in the modern NFL. Can't address everything. Management was okay with WR2 and ILB2 for a long time. It is what it is. ILB2 isn't much of an impact position. Two good ILB's is a luxury. Yes I've seen SF's LB corp.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

That knee brace is slowing him down for sure.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Cushing was something as a rookie. How much of that was "juice," we don't know. He is obviously struggling now. Can he regain some of his former self? :confused:

20. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

He definitely looks slower and like a shell of himself so far. I think due to players like Adrian Peterson we expect people to just bounce back after major knee injuries, but it normally takes a full season before they are back to normal (if they get there). Hope that is the case with Cushing.