1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Watt for Luck?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by apcgamb24, Oct 13, 2014.

?

Watt for Luck?

1. Yes

236 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. No

86 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Bortles is gonna be good but how good is the question. I don't think he ever gets to top 10 QB range, he just has horrible footwork that leads to accuracy issues.

2. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Guarantee you Texans would be 5-2 or 6-1 with Luck right now

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Agreed. Texans go to gun fights with butter knives.

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Here's how you end this thread - name the last QB to have as great a year as Watt did last year... and win 2 games. It doesn't happen. Ever.

I certainly understand Watt's popularity and how it might bias people's opinions - but anyone who wouldn't deal Watt for Luck seven days a week and twice on Sunday is... well, it's just silly. I wouldn't trade him for any other QB. (Maybe Cam Newton... maybe.) But Andrew Luck? They would have to invent a new way to measure time I'd make that deal so fast. He's 25 years old and already one of the five best QBs in football. You guarantee yourself competitive football - and cosnsistent playoff appearances - for at least 10 years with him. It's an absolute no brainer.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I think one day Bortles could possibly be as good as Ryan Tannehill.

6. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Watt is an elite defensive player but you always go with a good to elite talent at QB over anything else. QB is the single most important position in sports, you really have no chance if the QB is not any good, especially in today's NFL. It's inexcusable how this organization has neglected and approached the most important position in sports over its existence in the league. Total incompetence.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This argument has been addressed

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

With our skill players fumbling and our secondary and linebacker corps so bad, I doubt it.

Did anyone notice the one play Watt wasn't in? Zero pressure and a 30 yard completion. It was amazing how they go from intense pressure to absolutely nothing.

9. Hey Now!

Oh, cool - who were the QBs you came up with?

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Someone let me know when Luck wins less than 11 games and misses the playoffs.

11. Remii

Remii Member

Fixed it for you :grin:

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

That's what our prize for sucking all of last year is for. Too bad he can't play.

13. Hey Now!

Yeah, I don't need your help; thanks. The Colts' defense is not better than Houston's. It benefits from having an offense that scores 31 points/game and doesn't turn it over on their side of the field with any consistency.

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The Colts just pitched a shutout. The Texans just gave up 24 points in 3 minutes.

15. Hey Now!

Cool....

16. Remii

Remii Member

Hmmmm... I remember the 1st game of the year when the Texans beat Washington _ no one brought up how Washington turned the ball over in the red zone :confused: All that was said was how dominant the defense was.

Bell eating up all of those yards last night and Brown catching passes and throwing a TD pass had nothing to do with the offense.

Indy's defense is #10 against the pass & #11 against the run... They have a better secondary and a better LB core than the Texans. The Cowboys have a good offense but they are ranked #17 & #19 defensively in both of those categories...

17. Hey Now!

OK...... I'm at a loss what your point is......

All those yards? He had 57, including a 20-yarder. Beyond that, he averaged 3.3/carry. And yeah... Brown's TD pass *did* have something to do with the offense....

They're giving up 2 more points/game than the Texans. Meanwhile, their offense is first in yards/game; second in points/game; first in time of possession. And they've taken double-digit leads into the 4thQ of all but one of their seven games this year.

Their defense isn't working *nearly* as hard as the Texans'...

Yes, and it took nearly 5 Qs for them to hang 20 on the Texans.

The Texans' defense has given up 10 scoring drives of less than 50 yards, including three TD drives of *less than 10 yards*. They've given up just 92 points on drives of 50+ - and 24 of those came in a single quarter against the Colts. Oh, and btw, the defense has scored 3 of the Texans' 17 TDs this season (technically, 4...) - 13 TDs in 7 games. The Colts' offense has scored 24.

18. Remii

Remii Member

So you're giving me the "Dallas only scored 20 points" moral victory defense... When Dallas had 450 yards total offense and converted 8-14 3rd down conversions (8-14 is ridiculous). Dallas only scoring 20 points may have just been a fluke. But I can't debate the score, so ok...

Wow...!!! Great stats. That really sounds impressive ----> And then I remember that Dallas and Indy are arguably the only good offenses (and QB's) that we've faced this year which makes those stats skewed... And maybe that argument could be made for Indy as well. That's the thing about throwing stats around _ the numbers will lie if you're not looking at the entire picture.

But ok... You win. But regardless of how you spin it Indy's defense is ranked higher than ours. Indy has a top 10 defense (and their best pass rusher is out). And if Indy's defense is only a top 10 defense for the reasons you say _ that just shows why Luck is even more of a valuable commodity than J.J.

So like I originally said, Indy has Luck and a better defense... And you're welcome for the help. Hey, we just went in a circle :)

19. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

yeah, because with Luck, Manning, doesnt drop it in the kickoff return, then foster doesnt fumble the ball, or with Luck hopkins doesnt fumble the ball, or with Luck the defense doesnt give 24 points in the 1st qtr last week.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Just look at the year the Saints are having with a Hall of Fame QB behind center...It's not much better than ours thus far...