1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lets talk Aggie BBall (sigh)

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Ziggy, Jan 19, 2008.

Tags:
  1. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I thought basketball wasn't considered enough in the Aggies' move to the SEC. Plenty of talent there to recruit from, and when considered top to bottom, I think the SEC is not as tough as the Big 12 was. Gillespie was a great local recruiter, but the Aggies didn't land a lot of big time recruits in the Big 12. The SEC gives them more national exposure and cache'. I think you are seeing the recruiting boost being in the SEC brings...now just need to see how that plays out on the court.

2. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

This is just absolutely amazing. You take these 4 guys and add in House along with leadership from guys like Caruso/Fitzgerald, and hopefully Robinson shows some serious talent this year, and this team should be able to compete with anyone. With talent like this, we'll finally get to see how good of a coach Kennedy is. I imagine he could lose just about every game this year and still keep his job if he kept this recruiting class together.

3. RocketManJosh

All 4 of the big guys have signed for the Aggies today. Has to be the best class of recruits for A&M ever. Class is ranked #2 in the country.

Hopefully the team, and especially the young guys, will develop well this season. We need them ready to go next season when these 4 guys step on campus. Really looking forward to being relevant in basketball again hopefully.

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings

Wow, Kentucky is currently sitting at #61 in the team rankings right now. Usually KY has 3-4 five star players locked up by this point in time. I assume that is going to change drastically as some of the top players continue to make their intentions known.

4. jbasket

jbasket Member

I think the "(sigh)" needs to be removed from the thread title :)

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nah, not yet...

6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Isn't this because they are so loaded from the last few classes that they have no scholarships left to give?

7. RocketManJosh

From what I understand they are expected to pick up 2-3 studs ... old studs that didnt pan out will quietly find a new place to play to make room

Could be wrong though

8. RocketManJosh

9. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

wow what a game for y'all...headed to OT

10. newAge_Rockets

I'm not an Ag, but I watched the game today to see how Danuel House was doing. Why in the world does A&M play that Alex Caruso guy? He can't shoot from anywhere on the court, and he can't finish. There's gotta be other guys on the bench that could give them more.

11. Convictedstupid

I know You have only watched one game, but Caruso is the Aggies best player. Easily.

12. Bob Barker 007

I watched the second half and both OTs. Caruso reminds me of UT's Javan Felix

13. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Man, all those missed free throws. Like watching a Rockets game.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Didn't really watch the A&M - UK game, but to only lose by 6 in double OT to the best team in the country isn't a bad thing at all.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It was a great game. Whoever we have in the post plays with more balls than any post player we used to have in our recent prime (Jones, Jordan, Elonu, Davis, etc).

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They're good again. Nice mix of talented youth and experienced upperclassmen. They play smart, calm, and together on both ends.

Fun team to watch. Lots of unselfish passers, even in the post. The freshmen are all poised which is rare.

17. jbasket

jbasket Member

Now? :p

18. RocketManJosh

Love this team. Even in the loss today, Syracuse had some really great breaks when it counted to be able to pull it out. The best part of this team is that you can see they are very good, but they also have a lot of room to grow with experience throughout the season. Come tourney time in March, this team is going to be very very dangerous.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Rolled Baylor like it was nothing.

20. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Yeah, first game this season I was able to watch. It seems like the Aggies have a pretty well-rounded team that could make some noise.