1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I cannot WAIT until the return of CLOWNEY, can you?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by SwoLy-D, Oct 10, 2014.

?

I cannot wait. Can you?

Poll closed Oct 24, 2014.
  1. I cannot wait, either! He will wreak havoc and we will win!

58.3%
  2. He will have some impact, but we will still lose.

21.3%
  3. He will have NO impact.

4.6%
  4. Who's Clowney?

4.6%
  5. Hey! I ordered a cheeseburger!

11.1%
  1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The possibility of seeing this again makes me really giddy...:)

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

We need a pass rushing linebacker since barwin left town.... Will be a welcome sight

3. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

we've needed one since barwin was here, lol

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

WHOLE-EE MONKEYS!!!! :eek:

I'm giddy like a school girl!!!!

Yes, I know, mother clockers, I'm ALWAYS giddy like a school girl, but this time a bit more than usual. :p

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Well, I guess NO. :(

6. Remii

Remii Member

So how many snaps did Clowney get yesterday...? I wasn't paying much attention to him but the few plays I saw _ he was getting handled by a rookie offensive lineman.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Well the season is half over and Clowney has 2 tackles all season.

One tackle in game 1 and one tackle yesterday.

No sacks, but hey I hear he looks imposing hobbling around in the weight room.

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Looks like Sammy Watkins will win year 1. Kid is a beast.

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

There were many plays Clowney got bullied and pushed down. One in particular the OL just pushed him and he fell down as he was trying to rush. Right now it looks like his only advantage is speed.

10. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I understand the guy has only played in 1 regular season game (people said he went out week 1, I thought he went out in the last preseason game?) either way, not a large sample size at all...but I'm not really impressed. I spent a lot of yesterday's game watching him solely. I just didn't see anything special.

It's probably just taking him time to adjust/get back to game playing shape, but I was expecting more of an impact much sooner than he has given it to us.

If he can provide just half of what Watt does from the other side, we'll be solid...still need a legit corner cover man...not liking our secondary. Although, kudos to Kareem Jackson for getting a little better each season. He even turns his head to the QB sometimes now!

11. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Again, he hasn't played an entire football game in 10 months. It's going to take some time to get back into it.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Expecting more than 2 tackles through half a season for the #1 pick in the entire draft isn't unreasonable. I think everyone expected more.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Agreed..... and the fact he hasn't played an entire game in nearly a year should be concerning.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If they had a redraft right now and every team had a shot at the 1st pick overall, who do you think goes first? Assuming he checks out on a physical, I'm assuming 25 teams still take Clowney...

15. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Yep, but looking at the other players who were considered to be potential number one picks in the draft, I am not too concerned yet. Luckily Bortles looks like a typical rookie thus far. Clowney looked overmatched out there, but it was his first game back.

But man, do we need some people not named JJ to pressure the QB somewhat.

16. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Clowney looked over matched? He was generating lot's of pressure. The tit's even doubled him several times

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I was looking forward to seeing his return all week...unfortunately, he was terrible. He had that one play where he almost got a sack, but for the most part, he was getting manhandled.

He definitely needs some time to get back into the flow of things, but I felt like this yesterday after watching him ---> :(

Im hoping that Clowney's speed helps us against the Eagles...we'll need all the help we can get.

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

:confused:

He was really not generating any pressure other than his one "almost sack". I think outside of that, he had 0 QB hits and 0 hurries. I'd love to be wrong though.

19. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I mean I was carefully watching how they were using him. They were used Clowney vs the Tit's best blocker's and there were times they needed the RB to chip block vs him. It relieved some pressure for others.

He didn't show up in the statline, but he was doing some damage in hurrying and collapsing the pocket at times around the QB. There were moments where Lewan was able to hold him off, but remember it is his first game back

20. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

And remember, Watt didn't break out until after having like 7-8 games under his belt in his rookie season