1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

it is our destiny to lose this season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by alaskansnowman, Jan 14, 2000.

1. alaskansnowman

WHERE TO BEGIN? Right when the rox were about to make a run, sir charles gets injured. Hakeem been injured. Cato also gets injured and has been put on the IR list! I thought it wasn't that serious of an injury! TMass is an idiot who keeps re-injuring everything. 2 Sandwiches waived. A good group of bench players(mclean, maloney, augmon, etc) waived. Rogers' brother dies...

My Goodness!! It seems that nearly everything has backfired for us. We waive all these players, yet we still play them; a ton of injuries; hamilton acting up, it goes on and on. I am now convinced that we will get in the lottery and will get a pretty high pick. Then next season, we will use this rookie, plus our second rounders(who knows, we could pull off another cuttino mobley), plus our current roster, and maybe a free agent or two. We will probably have a decent season next year, but the year after that when we get another young superstar, then, and only then, will we be championship contenders.

P.S. When will all the contracts of Mclean, Maloney, and whoever else that we are still paying be over? Wont' it all add up for us to get enough money for a decent role player?

2. alaskansnowman

We waive all these players, yet we still play them

I'm gonna correct myself. "We waive all these players, yet we still PAY them."

thank you

3. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

yeah u are right. It does seem as if some higher power is at work trying to make us lose. I hope that if we get a lottery we get a really good player like Morris or something. It is important we do not waste our pick on someone crappy like olowokandi. Man u have to sleep it is a school night.

PS At least we can still beat the Warriors without half our frontline.