1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Free Agency Ideas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Apr 28, 2016.

1. basketballholic

Not from Brandon Knight. His stats are empty.

2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I think Dudley is officially over the hill at this point but I like him as a backup 3, smart player and good teammate/locker room guy type. Bayless isn't bad, but I think I would rather a PG upgrade and have Bev be our bench PG over Bayless.

The Marvin Williams suggestion is also who I am hoping for. He's turned into a fairly versatile defensive guy and legit stretch 4 type as the league has went smaller. I like him now(didn't earlier in his career)

3. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I do want Marvin Williams. I was thinking about him earlier.

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Yes Marvin has turned into a very very solid player. Almost star like production when you look at his advanced numbers and the impact his analytics show. If he could be had at a valuable bargain contract he would be an absolute steal. Similar to Millsap a few years ago.

As for dudley, he may be getting older but he is still very productive. He has great analytics across the board, not as good as Marvin but still very good for a role player. Obviously your not looking to pay him big money or a long contract.

Dudley has a good ts% and is very good from 3. He's a solid defender and a great locker room guy. He's the type of guy I would like here to try and help straighten things out.

As for bayless, well there isn't much out there at the pg spot behind Conley that would be a good fit/mesh with harden. Bringing in bayless he may start but I see it more as a 50/50 share with him and bev. I'd prefer a collision, hill, teague but those are only thru trade.

Bayless is again a very good 3pt shooter with a solid ts%. His defense isn't horrible or great but it's average at least.

With both bev and bayless shooting 40%> from 3 that may just be the best recipe for PG next to harden. Especially with bev coming off the bench or seriously restricting his minutes, he may become a decent defender again.

The theme with these guys is pretty straight forward 3pt shooting and atleast average defense and/or effort.

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

The sleeper is Lebron. I'd imagine we wouldn't have to give 5 full max years or whatever the longest is. See if he wants to try our H-town on a 2-3 year deal giving him player options of course. I think LJ really respects james and that james is the best player he can come play with .

I don't want KD. We would have to give him 5 years and he's almost 7 feet tall coming off a foot injury, also he isn't exactly a defensive savant.

If you get Lebron the next concern is a point. I like Llull since you already have Patrick for some adequate defense and you hope that KJ can step up. Call up nick Johnson and tell him to work exclusively on D.

Llull/Bev/Nick
    James/KJ
    LBJ/Trev
    DMo/Harrell
    Clint/ rando free agent also Harrell can get some minutes here since its likely LJ plays some PF.

championship baby

6. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Put the pipe down my friend

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

lolz.

8. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Where do we call up Nick Johnson? He hasnt been on our roster for a season already.

And are we really choosing betwee Lebron and KD???

9. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Really like fournier... If the Rockets dont get KD, then just nab Evan Fournier and another Max and go to war mext season with a good young squad

10. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Mike Conley

11. Fantasma Negro

WTF Marvin Williams shot 40% from three point range this year, he's changed his game a lot, he's more of a sf/3 instead of pf/4 now and he plays very good defense. I think this one is a no-brainer.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Bill Simmons threw out there that Bird could be crazy enough to trade PG....any chance we have enough to pull that off?

Pat
    Harden
    PG
    ?
    Ezeli?

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets have no assets to trade for Cousins, George or the likes.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

you couldn't wait more than 3 minutes to crush my dream? :p

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Fixed.

16. craguin

craguin Member

He's looking for a 3-year deal:

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

whoever can hit a damn 3.

18. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Also agree with posters who want Marvin Williams. He would be great at 4 for us. 40% from three this year. Would be the perfect fit if he was a better rebounder.

19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

This would be my most ideal scenario which I'm trying to make as realistic as possible (though I don't think Durant signing here can be considered that realistic.)

Mainly sign Durant and Noah, and if possible Lee, as well as match Dmo and sign a back up pg.

Bev / Aaron Brooks
    Harden / Courtney Lee
    Durant / Ariza (but unfortunately more likely Brewer)
    DMo / Beasley / Harrell
    Noah / Capela

Noah can play PF as well. Lee can share the backcourt with Harden as well. I'm assuming we'd have to dump KJ and hopefully that would help us unload Brewer. And we'd round out the roster with minimum contracts like Goudeluck or I wouldn't even mind bringing Smith back. He would only be used if injuries happen to our front court.

20. malakas

malakas Member

We will all be shocked at how much those guys will make.
    As far i know dudley is looking for 3 years at 8+ possibly 10 per. Which for his age and state of knees is ridiculous. (on the other hand he doesnt have any athleticism to lose anyway)
    Marvin Williams is rumoured to be at 15+ and Bayless in my opinion at least 6 per.
    Bayless will resign with Mil because hes best buddies since childhood with the gm+coach and has the same agent too.

Marvin though..not sure Charlotte can afford him anymore. They will for sure let Lee go.