1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Not again) New Rockets Jersey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Mar 8, 2012.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Morey isnt in charge of that...and they don't care much about what we think about this topic, despite what they have said...

2. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

They honestly should've changed the jersey and logo after they got howard a few years ago. change of an era man..

3. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

the cut of these alternates is disgusting but i do like the houston and the font.

les needs to gtfo

4. bmd

bmd Member

What's so bad about the cut of the jersey?

[​IMG]

5. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

the V is terrible makes the player look awkward

6. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Also the sleeve cut is just a straight line. No curve or nothin.. It looks boxy

7. Games6&7in94

Games6&7in94 Member

Best thread. Ownership needs to get a clue after 10 years.

8. rockstarbanana

Doesn't Nike take over after next season anyway?

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Teams design their own jerseys. Nike manufactures them.

10. rockstarbanana

So they can say "make something exactly like what we have now"? I hope they don't. I can see them keeping the logo but trying something better with jerseys. I like most of the stuff Nike has done for college teams.

11. bmd

bmd Member

It's actually both. Both the teams and the company designs stuff and the teams can choose to use their own design or Adidas' (or in the future, Nike's).

12. SuraGotMadHops

Did we ever wear the black alternate during the season? Can't remember seeing that one in a game.

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

It will debut this coming season.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

In the NFL, it seems like teams use their designs, but Nike also has it's own style and fit, so they do influence what the uniforms look like overall... so I'd still expect to see a difference, other than the brand, if the Rockets keep the same design.

15. awc713

awc713 Member

how many teams are going to re-brand before us? every single one? good job by the jazz, although i hate to admit it. i like the simplicity of their home/away unis:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jazz show off their new digs for next season (via <a href="https://twitter.com/utahjazz">@utahjazz</a>) <a href="https://t.co/3lNbWjEeHR">pic.twitter.com/3lNbWjEeHR</a></p>&mdash; Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) <a href="https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/730780444455751680">May 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. TISNF

TISNF Member

The Jazz have such AWFUL colors. The new logo? Way too simple.

The best thing about the above uni's are the UTAH ones.

17. awc713

awc713 Member

Yeah, I've always thought it was odd to have 4 main colors (blue, white, green, yellow)

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I like all the uni's and the rebrand as a whole. Have no problem with the colors. The last one with the sleeves is a little too "soccer'ish" for me.

Other than that, my only comment is that its just so New Orleans branded. Even though I like the Pelicans branding, and even though it will never happen, everything about the Utah brand, color, name, etc. says it should be the New Orleans Jazz.

19. bmd

bmd Member

Well, because the Utah Jazz were originally the New Orleans Jazz, their color scheme was Mardi Gras colors (purple, green, yellow and every team has white):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The difference in the color schemes is that the New Orleans Jazz had purple instead of blue. I don't know why the Utah Jazz went back to their old school look but didn't go back to purple and instead made it blue.

My only guess is that the Lakers have an iconic color scheme of purple and yellow and when the Jazz wanted to go back to their old school look the NBA said no because the Lakers are already purple and gold. So the Jazz inserted a dark blue into their color scheme in place of purple.

1 person likes this.
  20. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

For the love of god Les, please change the rockets uniforms