1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

marcus morris

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by YaoMing#1, Mar 18, 2011.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

what do you guys think of him? i think he has the potential to be a carmello anthony type player and at worst like micheal beasley. he has great size and strength for the sf position and very under rated athleticism, he has goodopen court speed and a very nice verticle. his offensive game is very polished as he has a nice post up fade and hooks around the hoop, but can also take u off the dribble to get to the basket from the 3 point line on in. his handles are very good for a player his size he just doesnt get a chance to use them as much with the type of offense kansas runs. he has a good midrange game and can shoot very consistant from 18 feet in his 3 point shots have improved alot since the beginning of the year. hes a very good rebounder defensivly and offensivly. the only weakness i can see in his game is on the defensive side while hes not bad he just might have problems covering players like durant and lebron the faster sf in the game. i watch alot of kansas games as i have been a fan for years. marcus morris is our best nba prospect i have seen since paul pierce, drew gooden also had alot of potential but became a nba journey man but i do think morris is better offensivly at this point of there college careers.

1 person likes this.
  2. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Wow, you weren't kidding about being high on this kid... at worst Mike Beasley. I like his physicality and energy level, but I haven't watched enough KU basketball to get a solid feel for him. Is he better than his brother, Markieff? What are the main differences between them?

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I've only watched KU 2-3 times this season. Neither Morris brother seems to have much NBA upside IMO.

4. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Agreed!

Morris brothers are at best solid starting role players

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

He's a great player... I just hate him and his brother because they're both cocky ass classless mofos.

6. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Marcus Morris will be a Houston Rocket.

Think about it. He's a highly productive big man and leading scorer for one of the top programs in the country. He's gotten better every year he's been there. His draft stock is low because he doesn't have great size and he's older (Junior).

I think these are the type of guys Morey likes to go after. Patrick Patterson was overlooked as well because of his age and talent around him; I think Morris might be able to be another productive PF. Of course, we don't need a PF, but if he's the best player available..

5 people like this.
  7. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Good call.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Damn Marcus Morris, you cost us a first round pick.

Im starting to smell bust.

9. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

At best, he'll still be worse than Leonard.

10. MrJason

MrJason Member

Meh... same thing happened last year with Patterson. All of you guys complained about him being a bust before the trade deadline last year too.

That's what Morey does.

Patterson barely played before the trade deadline and was even sent to the D-League to work on his game.

Why? Because no team will call and inquire about a "lotto-bust" for trades.

After the deadline, Patterson played and Morey had a full year to showcase him before this years trade deadline to determine Patterson's true trade value and if Patterson was a player he is willing to keep.

Morris will be fine and he will get playing time in a few games. I guarantee it.

11. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I wish we could know what McHale really thinks about Morris, and what Morris has failed to do to get any playing time. Parsons has done great, but what is the problem for Morris, offense, defense, all of the above?

I wonder if he just isn't quick enough to guard small forwards and just not big enough to beat out PP and Scola for minutes at power forward.

12. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

He is allergic to defense...

13. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Meh, Pat didn't get minutes until after All Star break as well, let him get out on the court and show us what he can do before we label him a "bust".

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

So is Bud, Scola, and KMart.

15. RocketKid96

RocketKid96 Member

they need to play my ***** marcus morris

16. gah

gah Member

McHale should have given him legit minutes against Charlotte, it's time to audition him in a real situation and not in garbage time. Caron Butler is as good a match-up to throw him out there and see how he does, same for his back-ups Simmons and Gomes. Give him 15 mins to find himself, 20+ if does well.