1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clyde Drexler Commentary is Unbearable

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yobod, Oct 13, 2007.

1. yobod

yobod Member

*he calls francis franchise still
    *calls aaron brooks the "fastest player in the league"
    *this is the deepest rockets team EVER
    *"you gotta take the mustard off the hotdog... cause when you dribble you dont want to lose the ball"

are a few instances i can think of. he never knows what to say so he exaggerates everything. he's just awkward

2. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

"Scola is playing like a perenneal all-star" was my favorite from last night.

3. yobod

yobod Member

hahah yeah, that was funny. he also said "in the nba you can travel, but theyll nail you everytime for the moving screen" and bill was just like :rolleyes:

4. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I dont remember who he was talking about (may have been Scola), but during the game the other night, he said somebody on the Rockets is looking "VERY impressive!"

Then followed it up with this gem...

"And that's saying a lot coming from me because I'm not one to be easily impressed."

Riiiiiiiiight! :D

5. yobod

yobod Member

about scola "he knows how to play the game, thats something you cant teach"

6. Pringles

Pringles Member

"they might actualy have a chance to win this game" clyde drexler on the greek team in the 1st quarter.

7. powerfoward

powerfoward Member

My be some can agree with him on this point :rolleyes:

8. yobod

yobod Member

lol yeah it was about scola...he also said francis is a talented young player even though hes like 31

9. yobod

yobod Member

they played 1 pre-season game prior to that

10. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

can we keep this thread alive for all 82 games and postseason :D

11. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Imagine how Bill Worrel feels.

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

i predict another drexler commentary thread sometime in november...

the quotes mentioned in here don't look bad on "paper" (except the panathinaikos can win the game quote). any commentator can say these things in a game and make it appropriate for the moment. its clyde's delivery and personality behind it that makes its cringe inducing.

in any moment of the game at any time he feels to unleash a cliche, regardless of the game action, and believes as always that the cliche works in place of actual analysis, he will, happily

13. yobod

yobod Member

about rick adelman "he was the best coach available without a championship ring, phil jackson, pat riley, rick is in the tier right after them, plus hes got a lovely wife, 3 sons...lovely human being"

14. Pringles

Pringles Member

wats wrong with him saying that? :confused: he's just showing respect to the coach.

honestly, i can live with drexler. i don't watch rocket games to hear him talking anyways.

15. dividend

dividend Member

"Nothin' but net" when the ball clearly hits backboard, rim, and rolls in through the net :p

16. airmanz

airmanz Member

Maybe he is comparing with himself.

17. yobod

yobod Member

after rafer made a nice pass to scola "he is the best in the league at leading the break"

cant imagine when he sees Nash or Kidd

18. Coca Cola Scola

It's not even his opinions.....its the fact that he laughs throughout the broadcast and mumbles nonsense like a mental patient. When Matt Bullard was there, I had hope that...that was going to be the lineup, but when Clyde came back for the Greek game...I realized how much I hate the local broadcast. Bill sucks too. He and Clyde just chuckle throughout the game and talk nonsense, rather than give insightful analysis of what's going on in the game. Just call the game and give some insight on what's going on. They should just put Clyde out of his misery and have Matt there every game. I"m also getting sick of the blatant Rocket season tickets promotion. Even the sideline reporter isn't even reporting the action, but what the season ticket packages are.

19. yobod

yobod Member

clyde drexler talking about the dream team..."europe has spent a lot of money bringing in coaches in europe since the dream team in 92, what was that bill 17 years ago?"

20. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Does Morey have the power to get rid of Clyde or is his range only the players? There's really nothing more to say about Clyde as there's been numerous threads about him. All we can do now is wait until the old man gets canned. Wouldn't it be nice if JVG were to team up with Bill (since Calvin is most likely never coming back)?