1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BS Report; Chad Ford guest, high praise for Isaiah Canaan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beard, Jul 9, 2013.

1. kastuul

kastuul Member

I don't like a rookie to play 3rd string PG.

Veterans should be better. AB0 is so good for this position.

2. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

Is it necessary to pass definitive judgement. Let him get to Preseason and play a few games.

3. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

I would guess that if push came to shove, Howard might be willing to sign for a couple of hundred thousand less, since it's not that big a drop compared to the size of the contract. But that little bit would make a bigger difference for Canaan. So they'll see what they need to sign Canaan first, and then see if Howard would take the hit, or if they need to move other pieces to open salary if Howard is adamant about maxing it out.

4. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

One team had Canaan as the second best PG prospect behind Michael Carter Williams. Interesting

5. basketballholic

That team was probably us. ;)

6. dustinb14

dustinb14 Member

Hopefully we'll be seeing him doing this before long...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wdRQvHJugrQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. dustinb14

dustinb14 Member

And this... :p

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/n7ZPQjqcf0A?list=UUQZiTJKr394g8GGo7AHKYVA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. dustinb14

dustinb14 Member

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Ford and some posters here may have been on to something.

Don't think he is at the point where he is close to taking the starting role, but he's definitely a player.

Morey with another solid 2nd round find.

10. cbk41

cbk41 Member

For sure. I always thought he was an unreal shooter off the dribble. One of the best I've seen in college. Insane range as well. Very happy to see him being pushed by the vets new and old veteran leadership on the squad, hustling on defense, and taking care of the ball.

11. Ghost_of_Akeem

Well, he's much better than Lin. Not that that is very hard to do, most of us are probably better than Lin.

12. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Initially when we drafted Canaan, I was excited to see the impact of his shooting early on last season. However, Daniels quickly became the talk of the town and was catching fire. Daniels for sure stole the spotlight last year over Canaan, but I'm nonetheless excited to see another surefire shooter step in when Daniels doesn't play. Hopefully, he keeps it up and stays aggressive.

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

What I like most about him besides his shooting is he's another ball handler that can take some pressure off Harden.

14. Garner

Garner Member

Would love to see someone not named harden average 5+ assists per game

15. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Absolutely no reason why he shouldn't see more time, even when Bev comes back.

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Nice bump. His defense has been as impressive as his shooting for me. He is staying with his man thru picks, he's rotating to the open shooters quickly enough to bother their attempt, he's getting his hands in the way for steals... he looks good. I mean the guy had an all around game last night: 6 rebounds, 4 steals, 4 assists and only 1 foul in 32 minutes. Notice I didn't mention his points. ;)

17. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Teams usually do not have multiple high assist players. Harden runs the O, our PGs bring the ball up.