1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

EG for Zach Randolph ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sun12, Apr 3, 2003.

Tags:
  1. sun12

sun12 Member

At the beginning of the season, I proposed to trade EG for Randolph. Apparently nobody listened:-( Now Randolph has turned out really well, can we trade EG for Randolph now? How do we sweeten the deal so that Portland will accept the trade?

2. KeepJuaquin

KeepJuaquin Member

Small Forward Position: James Posey, Glen Rice, Terence Morris, Bostjan Nachbar, Zach Randolph. They are all pretty good players, but then we would have too many small forwards. :) Then all we would have at the 4 is Mo Taylor. Kenny and EG both gone!

3. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Zach Randolph is a power forward.

But I am not sure if the Blazers will do that trade. Zaph is a very good player that can emerge into something special (like Jermaine O'neal) on a different team. He has a soft touch, sweet moves, great footwork, average one-on-one defender and a great shot selection.

But Eddy can turn out to be something even more special. He is only a 20 years old Soph.

4. KeepJuaquin

KeepJuaquin Member

Well if Eddie was traded to Portland for Zach Randolph, he would get wonderful training from Rasheed Wallace. They could be two identical brothers or something.

5. RedHonda76

RedHonda76 Member

It's more like Rasheed will be smoking weed with EG instead.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, he was just suspended for for 2 games and fined $100,000 by the Blazers, so yeah, bring him on.

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Well, at least they have one thing in common...they punched teammates.

8. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Actually, I think I even proposed that deal before you. I remember someone basically shut the idea down by quoting an article on realgm.com that said something like "the Blazers will trade anyone on their team for so-and-so except Rasheed Wallace or Zach Randolph." Based on that, it sounds like we'd need to trade more than EG for him. However, if this trade was offered, I'd definately do it.

9. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Sweeten the deal? Let me ask you - other than Francis or Yao, is there any one on the Rockets the Blazers want or need?

They sent us Cato in the Pippen deal, other than expiring contract they have no need for Rice, Posey is a restricted FA who would probably become a BYC player in a S&T plus they like the point forward concept and will probably re-sign Pippen, Moochie costs the same as Jeff McInnis and McInnis is better with a shorter contract...

The only far fetched scenario I could create is not likely to occur...they want to unload Derek Anderson's contract (4 more years for $35m) possibly augmented by doing poorly in the playoffs.

If the Blazers are not able to re-sign Bonzi Wells, they might consider EG + Mobley + Rice for Randolph + Anderson and change.

The other possibility is if they do re-sign Bonzi but don't want 3 SG's (Wells, Patterson & Anderson). EG + Mobley + Rice for Randolph + Anderson + Patterson.

IMO, the above aren't very likely since I just don't see the Blazers in wholesale mode anytime soon and they would probably get better offers than Griffin, Mobley and Rice if they do get trade happy.

10. xcharged

xcharged Member

Is Randoph suspended for hitting his own team-mate?

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The guy apparently gave him a Kermit Washington shot. Randolph wasn't involved in the initial skirmish. He busted up the guys face fairly well.

12. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Keep the Criminals in Portland. Please!

13. Believe

Believe Contributing Member

What is sad is that we could have had R Jefferson, Z. Randolph and T. Parker with the three picks we used to get EG.

I still have faith, but I would have preferred those three.

Parker
    Francis
    Jefferson
    Randolph
    Ming

Damn!!!!!!!!!

14. KeepJuaquin

KeepJuaquin Member

He punched Patterson pretty bad. But Portland is a very bad environment. There are too many same type players who just can't get along. He's got talent.

15. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

For the record, EG has punched out not just 1, but 2 teammates.

He almost got kicked out of his Catholic HS in Philly his sr year, when he got into a lunchroom fight with a teammate. "You cut in front of me in line!"

Had he got kicked out of school, he probably would not have been able to play for Seton Hall, meaning he would have left for the NBA after HS, meaning he would be rotting on some other team's bench. Meaning the Rockets would have Jefferson and whoever else (I think Collins and Armstrong were picked for the Nets).

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If we had Jefferson, we probably would have Ming. Take your pick, Ming and Griffin, or Jefferson and Jay Will, or Jefferson and Dunlavey (sp.), or Jefferson and Butler. Take your pick. Get over it, we got Griffin, we got Ming. GET OVER IT.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

no edit,

we probably wouldn't have Yao,

Sorry.

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

Man, dump EG to portland, that could be the worst
    punishment. Kenny will be laughing his ass off in
    Phily. I agree with Yetti, keep the jail blazers in Portland, EG is a good kid, well so far.

19. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

Let us see.

If the Rockets has not traded their rights for the #13, #18 & #23.
    for #7 in the 2001 NBA draft to get Eddie Griffin.

We could have ended up with 3 quality players.

#13: Richard Jefferson
    #18: Zach Randolph
    #23: Tony Parker or Gilbert Arenas

20. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Richard Jefferson would not flourish on the Rockets Team. He would not have anyone to teach him team chemistry and no one to set him up on all the team plays like J.Kidd. He is considered a future Star and leader by the Nets. On the Rockets he would not thrive in the same way because we have Francis, Mobley and Yao Ming thinking that they are the Star and the Future of the Rockets. He would be given very limited encouragement and as few opportunities as Eddie Griffin, to develop.