1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Rockets owner "very confident" Yao will return to team"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lastreg, Jun 23, 2010.

Tags:
  1. lastreg

lastreg Member

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

3. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

I dont believe it.

4. Prince

Prince Member

I heard that Les is the godfather of Yao's child.

5. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

translation: we are taking a center for sure, praying greg monroe falls so we dont get stuck with aldrich, so here's our attempt to mislead people.

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Yes, lets draft Whiteside so opposing teams can bull through him when Yao sits down.......

I will be ok with it if we pick Whiteside, but he is more than one year away from being an NBA player.

7. ILoveTheRockets

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EDle00tZJFE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EDle00tZJFE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I don't think Yao will play the 1st half of the season. :(

9. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Probably doesn't mean anything, but just thought that I should mention since it's being talked about. My dad was waiting at the airport to fly to Canada, and he was talking with 3 Chinese men. He said they had met Yao at his restaurant a while ago, and for some reason, they felt he was leaning towards opting out. Once again, probably nothing, but just thought that I should mention.

10. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

i know this chinese guy that knocked on yao's door and yao was screaming in the background that he is going to opt out.

11. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Yao and me were playing halo last night and he said hes not gonna opt out

1 person likes this.
  12. verti89

verti89 Member

IF Yao opts out and wants a max deal, do you think 1. he deserves/is worth it? and 2. do we give it to him?

my personal answers are NO and probably :(

13. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

I'm "very confident" we will get Lebron AND Bosh. You heard it here first.

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I heard from my puppy's girlfriend whose babysitter also takes care of Yao's daughter that Yao is going to opt out and go be the Duncan of Euroleague along with the Tmac of the Euroleague. But she is a b**** so take that for what its worth.

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Wait, so the massive fight between RA and Yao got cleared up, because last time I checked Yao left RA's office in tears... in opposite land.

16. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Geez you guys come on, I said it probably doesn't mean anything, grow up. IMO, I don't think he'll opt out, because he's a very loyal guy, and he can't get as much as a FA anyway.

17. monster

monster Member

Wait....the men were Chinese.....Yao is Chinese......there may be something to this. All Chinese people know each other, right?

Just messing with you man. I have no problem reading stories like this, in the offseason. If nothing else, it stirs thoughts of "what if".

I know everyone is jacked up about the draft, but Yao's comeback is the real news. I sure hope he can get back to his old self. Reduce his minutes and add another big, as well as a 4 who can get some minutes as a 5. I would really like to find a big who is a rebounder and shotblocker. Scoring can come from other players, but we've gotta control the paint.

18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Why not trade Yao to get Chris Paul and Emeka Okeafor? This deal woiuld work and Paul might want to come here.

19. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

i heard Borden fired Elsie and hired Yao as the new cash cow. The newfound endorsement money allowed yao to opt in.

20. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

How would the trade work cap wise?