1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Cowboys 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Francis3422, May 4, 2014.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

they are crucial, just for the mentality of the team. They must beat a quality team at home. Because if they win out, they will host a home game.

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

I actually think this group is for real. Impressive win last night, and unless Tony goes spastic which is always a possibility, they are in for a long run. They are fun to watch. Their defense is light years beyond what I expected them to be.

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

but that's b/c they were historically bad last year. Their defense does need to be more consistent in order for them to do what they want to do this year.

Next week's game could decide the season. They will win v. the Redskins. But at home v. Andrew Luck isn't something I'm looking forward to seeing. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

4. solid

Amazing how an outstanding QB can make that much difference. Would you be concerned if the Colts were coming in with any QB the Texans have ever had, in their prime?

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Jerry vindication?

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

If I'm a cowboy fan, I'm hoping they don't get any home playoff games.

If they wind up as a wildcard, they very well might make it to the Superbowl. If they open up at home, I honestly think they're 1 and done.

7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Despite the weird tendency for road dominance I still want the playoff game at home.

Don't want to go somewhere like GB or NO.

8. solid

If Tony can just not get wild and start throwing the ball up for grabs. That is the key, along with Murray not being bothered by his hand. I have been co fans of both the Cowboys and the Oilers/Texans for a long time. I only cheer against the Boys when they play Houston. And I am somewhat conflicted. Now when it comes to the Mavs, I always hope they lose. Like Dirk though.

Definitely don't want to go to GB.

9. Nero

Nero Member

In a playoff game at home, there will NOT be the 50/50 split of home and away fans like there have been during the regular season. The place would be rocking, a madhouse.

Home games in the playoffs please!

However, the good news is that if we also have to play on the road, we have proven more than capable of doing that.

Good times!

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I might just be throwing on the ultimate jinx but we actually may make the playoffs. Like for real. Before the season began I never would have thought we would win more than 5 or 6 games.

You could almost make a case for either Romo, Bryant or Murray to win the MVP.

11. dc1985

dc1985 Member

NFC East Champions. Shot at #1 Seed. I knew we would be better than everyone thought but not this good. So proud of this team.

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

You really thought you'd be better than Philly?

Foles being out (and Philly depending on the Sanchize) has a lot to do with the Cowboys winning the division.

That's not to say that dem Boys didn't take care of business when it mattered, though.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Jerry GM for life!

14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Foles is overrated. Proud of this team.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

So now we play Detroit in Dallas. I still have nightmares about Calvin Johnson but he doesn't look quite the same this year. Dallas is playing pretty well and I think the Cowboys win this game..... Something like 35-24.

Even if we lose, I am extremely proud of the team. That goes from the GM on down to the players. I really thought we would be 4-12 not 12-4.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If they are to win another Super Bowl they will have to run this gauntlet.

Detroit lions
    Green Bay packers
    Seattle Seahawks
    New England Patriots

Ouch and more ouch

18. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

It is hard to trust Stafford in road big games when he is like 0-16 vs .500 teams .

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

I wonder what Suh's status is going to be for next week's game. Not that Suh was a world beater this year, but not having him on defense is even worse for a shaky Stafford.

I'd give the MVP to Dallas' O-line before any single player. The protection is legendary.

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Yea...we owe Detroit and Green Bay some major payback for games from year past. Don't think us Cowboys fans have forgotten those last games we played those guys. There is no way the players have. At least, the core few who remain from when we got whipped up in GB. A lot more remember the last few Detroit games.

Cowboys need to bring their best games. And, for this first game, the crowd needs to bring it! Play the game with the consistency that won us the 12 games.