1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutch Community "GIVES THANKS" (11/26)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roc Paint, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Looks like we are going to have our best turn-out yet. I truly appreciate everyone ones involvement and enthusiasm towards helping others. ClutchFan members are exactly that...Clutch!

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Awesome. Look forward to meeting y'all!

1 person likes this.
  3. Roc Paint

Sorry for the confusion...my wife likes to use military time. Our event tonight is from 4:00 to 6:30. :cool:

4. Roc Paint

Happy Thanksgiving Clutchfans!

I would personally like to thank everyone who showed up at the Star of Hope chairty event yesterday. My wife and I truly appreciate your selflessness. We had a lot of fun prepping and serving a Thanksgiving meal to the women and children, as well as a few men, which the Star of Hope continuously opens their doors - and hearts - too. It was a great success...and to be on the front line plating the meal and delivering dinner trays to all the smiling faces, young and old, we witnessed the sparkle in their eyes when they saw turkey with all the trimmings...mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, greenbean casserole, yams, rolls, and even pecan pie with whipped cream or peach cobbler. What a feast! It was a real "feel good" event. Again, thanks to all who made it out - not only for your commitment to Clutch Community, but also for your kindred spirits and generosity during this time of year (when there are never enough hours in the day and life feels 'rushed'). I'm sure I speak for all the people we helped yesterday when I say we are GRATEFUL for people like you!

We will be posting next months event on or around December 1st, so please join the group and we'll keep you posted.

1 person likes this.
  5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Happy Thanksgiving! Y'all are doing great work!

6. RocRouge

RocRouge Contributing Member

Thank you so much for all your support, bobrek! You have been truly amazing. We were missing a few people due to personal issues and a no-show, but the turnout was still great and we succeeded! Happy Turkey-Day! GOBBLE-GOBBLE. :grin:

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Had a good time again! Thanks for all the work in setting it up Roc Paint and RocRouge.

Good to meet heypartner and pkmagas. :cool:

It's crazy that there are so many kids in Houston without food on Thanksgiving eve, but I'm glad we were able to help give them a decent meal. The food actually looked pretty darn tasty!

8. Roc Paint

9. Roc Paint

I’m over here rehashing