1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony Parker goes down, but...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Buckets, Mar 25, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Buckets

Buckets Member

their backup Speedy Claxton(great name by the way, who names their kid speedy anyway?) almost posts a triple double.

Parker might be questionable for the game against the Rockets on Thursday, and he limits Stevey sometimes, good news or bad news with their backup playing like that?

2. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Further proof that it's not the PG that makes the Spurs, it's the Spurs that makes the PG. Tonaaay overrated? Say it's not so!

3. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

Great players make players around them better.

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Exactly what I said in the last "Tony Parker" thread when he had national exposure for one of his good games. I still dont see it. I know he is like only 20 but he is getting too much props already.

5. TCDREAM

TCDREAM Member

Now all we need is Duncan to get hurt

6. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Tony Parker is perfect for the Spurs...He's quick, has a good jumper, can drive to the basket, and he's a good distributor. The reason he doesn't get a lot of assists is because most of the plays are run for Duncan, who ususally goes one-on-one in the post. Most importantly, he won't demand much money. The Spurs would be crazy to give a max contract to Kidd. You don't need the best point guard in the NBA when you have the best center...

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Good point.

Duncan is like butter.

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

You mean buttah...;)

Tony is a great fit for SA...I don't think he's overated...For a 20 yr. old french kid...he's awesome...

BTW, do not post crazy anti-french stuff on TP...I'm sure the Admiral already took care of it...:D