1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sucks to be Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justbuckets, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

That would be true if the team's primary goal is to allow Jeremy Lin to develop as a player, no matter the cost to the team. This may be the case for young struggling teams. However, the Rockets' main objective as a playoff contender is to improve the TEAM and win a championship.

If Lin's 'nerves' are too strong to play well in a featured role, he is going to be moved to a lesser role. Just like if my company sends me to a meeting, and I am ineffective, they will not just keep sending me to meetings over and over if I am not getting the job done. They will find someone else who is good in meetings, and shift me to another role.

2. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

The whole premise of your post is that Lin's in a tough situation because the Rockets aren't catering to him. The reality is that they're treating him like any other player in the NBA.

3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

LOL. Well said. I think Jeremy is doing just fine, thank you.

4. Raven

Raven Member

Lin doesn't suck, he's just not worth 8 million coming off the bench. He cashed in. Good for him. His next contract will be smaller but the expectations will also be lower.

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.