1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

O'Brien: Clowney ahead of schedule

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by SC1211, Mar 23, 2015.

1. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...ey-rehab/53854c25-dd63-41ab-9b6a-c48fdd079395

Good news? I didn't expect him to play much at all next year. Hope it works out.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I will file this (and all other Clowney news) under the "I'll believe it when I see it" category.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It certainly isn't bad news. Great to see that he's going hard at rehab. I'd still think it's more likely he ends up on the PUP list to start the season...which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well he has a really good work ethic so that helps recovering from injury. That said, the size of the injured area and the location of the injured area are the most important factor in how quickly (or if) he'll recover.

It took Travis Kelce right at 8 months to fully recover from microfracture surgery, if Clowney has the same timetable he'd be ready to go by August which would be about a month before the season starts.

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Exactly. We've seen this record play before. When he's able to play at a high level without any limitations, THAT'S when I'll get excited.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Just don't rush him back either

7. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I'll make a copy of this and file it under "seriously, guys. He still has trade value"

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Was this comment meant for this thread or did you click on the wrong page? It's not really an applicable comment here.

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Hopefully he's able to come back and return to his previous form. But like many have said I believe it when I see it. Don't want to get my hopes up again.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He IS a freak athlete so he's got that going for him in terms of recovery, but I hope he doesn't rush things.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That's up to the Texans staff and their track record isn't good

12. Mashing

Mashing Member

Well, if he's rehabbing hard we can put aside the fears of his work ethic being poor. Players with poor work ethic don't put in the effort in rehab.

13. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I'm with you on this. Talk is cheap. I only believe what my eyes tell me.

14. clutch citizen

It was meant for this thread. He had injury history before he was drafted. He had surgery after he was drafted. He was injured for the rest of the season last season.

The front office looks like they made a mistake at #1, which is ok if the talent doesn't pan out. Or a series of injuries occur despite the player having a clean bill of health in his career up to that point. But I'll question the sketchy front office decion-making in my rightful opinion about a pick made at #1 with a lot of red flags in the injury department.

I would trade Clowney if I could because of the scary injury pattern in his young career. Especially since he relies on speed off the line to be good. hopefully, this positive news continues enough to where his trade value increases.

I know. We probably won't trade him. I can only hope. But if this truly is what we get from him for the foreseeable future, then I hope we get some value for the #1 overall pick.

I'll be rooting for him as he is a Texan, but I will also be rooting for a trade of value should the opportunity present itself. Even if/when he reaches the level we all expected, the injury history has convinced me to sell.

15. mick fry

mick fry Member

Trade him so we can regret another one that got away ala Peppers? Nah, just hope for the best.

16. IBTL

IBTL Member

[​IMG]

surely you cant just organically have this opinion.. something doesnt smell right here.

how much is mccheap paying you to shill?

Signed,
    Reality

17. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

This just means he's that much closer to his next injury.

/half joking

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

When you are Texan's fan, you take any good news you can get.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Good to hear, I guess, but let's be real...anytime somebody has surgery, it's a guarantee that the phrase "he's ahead of schedule" will be said at some point.

20. clutch citizen

Or trade him so we can avoid getting nothing from one of the biggest pivotal points in our rebuilding aka Boselli. I hope he ends up like Peppers. But JDC has been injured since his senior year in college. The trend is not looking so good. He relies on quickness for that crazy pass rush, and he has a surgically repaired knee. Micro fracture surgery at that. And now he might come back sooner than expected? If they still believe he can get better health wise, I hope they don't rush him. Last season's grumblings that members of the team were getting frustrated with his "divaness" concerns me. Either he's really hurt and might get pressured into returning too early, or he's really prima donnaing minor injuries.