1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hakeem Back in Starting Line Up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Jan 26, 2001.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

This is accrding to KILT in Houston. Olajuwon will start tonight. They didn't say but I assume Kenny Thomas will sit.

------------------
    Me fail English? That's unpossible.

2. Thanos

Thanos Member

Just in time for his farewell game as a rocket. How fitting that two of the greatest rockets of all time should play their last game against the Grizzlies. [​IMG]

Look for Hakeem to be fed like a lion in the post, as he will go out with a bang, not a whimper... should be a great one to watch!

------------------
    "Dream another dream, this dream is over... Dream another dream, this dream is over... Dream another dream..." - from the Van Halen song, "The Dream is Over" (Thank you, Freak). Fitting, isn´t it?

3. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

Did I miss something...What makes you think this is Hakeem's last game?

------------------
    ------------------
    Hakeem: "Exit Suugar Lan"

4. Thanos

Thanos Member

Just a hunch.

The pieces are scattered all over. You just have to put them together.

As far as puzzles goes, this is a tough to figure out though.

------------------
    "Dream another dream, this dream is over... Dream another dream, this dream is over... Dream another dream..." - from the Van Halen song, "The Dream is Over" (Thank you, Freak). Fitting, isn´t it?

5. Houston Rocks

Houston Rocks Member

Ok, I get it , Charles. But this won't be Hakeems last game , he'll be here till the end of the year, any takers on that bet?

RockS

------------------

6. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

I agree Hakeem will play out his contract in Houston...and then decide if he wants to sign somewhere else or retire...This next game is by no means Hakeem's last game.

------------------
    ------------------
    Hakeem: "Exit Suugar Lan"

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Don't bet on it.

------------------
    Me fail English? That's unpossible.

8. RENDIGGLER3:20

I have No idea what the Rockets are doing or working on but I know they are going to do something even if its something like Los to Detroit for a draft pick or something.

Something will happen but it probably wont be major.

I was realy surprised after hearing about all this BS about Dream,he isnt going to be waived so stop even contemplating that,and I dont see anyone desperate enough yet to make any kind of trade to pick him up.

I cant say how happy I am with Dream in the game,I dont care if he gets 10 or less shots a game we need a big man in the middle.We cant keep pulling games out are ass while losing 54pts to 13pts in the paint,just cant do it!Dream can just stand down near the paint and it intimidates players from driving to the basket every play.

What I like out of this is that I think Kenny looks like he is improving especially on Defense and he has been guarding centers,not too bad of a back up PF,IMO.

Mo will get to go back to playing at the 4 more and who knows he may start even playing better than he has.I dont know if anyone else has noticed but his rebounding numbers are going up and up every week now,I dont think Steve will be leading the team in rebounds too much longer!

Thanks for the news Jeff!!!

------------------
    President of the why in the Hell isnt Langhi playing club!!!

[This message has been edited by RENDIGGLER3:20 (edited January 26, 2001).]