1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] PROMETHEUS

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cowboy_Bebop, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

This will be Ridley Scott returning to A L I E N franchise. Still no words if this will be a sequel to Alien or a whole different movie but by the look of this leaked trailer it's a safe bet to say that it's a sequel. Not sure if FOX will be releasing this version publicly since they already screen testing 2 versions so far. Even for a bad camera filmed version I find the trailer to be pretty EPIC and the soundtrack so fitting. Ridley Scott still has it and I can't freaking wait next year. 2012 is going to be a great year for movie fans. I love you Ridley Scott and welcome back to sci-fi.

Fox need to release this damn HD trailer soon.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3idSf4q2fVI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

it's a prequel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prometheus_(film)

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

4. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

5. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

6. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

If this is PG13 like Fox wants it to be.... then they can stick it up there ass!

1 person likes this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I need more to go on.

Rocket River

8. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Well they better not. Ridley shot the film for R-Rated and ALIEN is a well known franchise and I'm pretty sure it will still pull in good money if the movie is good. Wasn't Gladiator R-Rated? I didn't know that The Matrix was also under R-Rated.

9. percicles

It's not a prequel or sequel per se. From what i read it deals with the Space Jockey alien that was briefly featured in the first Alien. Lot of rumours about it's purpose but the the prevailing theory is that it is part of a alien engineer race that created the Aliens of the movie franchise. Prometheus supposedly deals with that part of the Alien universe.

[​IMG]

10. percicles

He's turning in two version, a PG13 and R. Fox didn't wanna spend $170 million on something that wasn't PG13. Hopefully he has the clout to veto the Fox suits.... but I really doubt it.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think where it gets confusing is . . .
    Wasn't Ripley's ship named the Prometheus?
    Or was it the name of the planet? [I was sure it was the ship]

Two Ships
    Same name
    Same Planet

Rocket River

12. Raven

Raven Member

Biggest mistake in the world is to explain the space jockey mystery.

13. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Well that was the guessing game and Ridley was the mastermind behind all that. But if you a closer look at that leaked trailer you can really see a derelict ship and the space jockey room. Pretty much it seems to be in the same Alien Universe. I'm still a bit confuse because Ridley had said that they want to do a new take on the Alien Universe but this leaked trailer pretty much make it look like a prequel. We will have to wait and see.

Ripley ship in the first movie is call Sulaco and the ship for this movie is call Prometheus.

14. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

We don't know that but if it's done right I think it would be fine. I'm hoping that it's a smart and well written sci-fi. All I'm asking for is for something deep and smart and Damon Lindelof better deliver that with his writing.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Now I wanna go rewatch the originals

Rocket River

16. hkEvo

hkEvo Member

Still not quite right with the ship names. Sulaco was the name of the ship in the second movie (Aliens) and Nostromo was the name of the ship in the first movie (Alien).

17. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Thanks, my Googling is bad today.

18. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Potential Spoilers:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50222

Now that might not be the plot that ends up on film, but it does sound pretty epic and very much a prequel of sorts.

And, if you didn't follow the link, Prometheus is the name of the human ship in the film.

Prometheus being... the Titan, who stole fire from Olympus to give to mankind and in punishment was chained to a rock, where an eagle tore at his liver until Hercules freed him.

Seems to fit the film's rumored storyline quite well.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I hope this is 'way off'

Rocket River

20. percicles

Originally Scott was supposed to produce and his protégée Carl Erik Rinsch was to direct. Of course Fox being Fox said no and instead Rinsch is now directing 47 Ronin and Scott Prometheus. I'm not complaining but this doesn't bold well for an R version. Unless your name is James Cameron Fox does whatever the bean counters feel will make more money.

Carl Erik Rinsch is quite talented though. He's a commercial director ala how Ridley once was. Don't know if this was posted in the bbs but he did this awesome short for Phillips.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/13551796?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="600" height="377" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/groups/4159/videos/13551796">Carl Erik Rinsch's The Gift</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/microchannel">microCHANNEL</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kzd1OiP27s0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>