1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Attendance

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by countingcrow, Sep 11, 2009.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

What was your attendance like in grade school?

What is/was your attendance like in college?

What is your attendance like at your current and past jobs?

2. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

grades 1-9, rarely missed a class
    9-12, missed the maximum allowed
    college, never missed a lecture
    work, never miss a day unless i have to

3. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

My attendance was impeccable until my senior year of high school (where I rarely made a Friday appearance).

I'd say I attended about 99% of my college classes.

I almost NEVER miss a day of work. I've come to the office with a fever of 103 and unable to breathe.

4. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Bad throughout.

5. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

Was terribly, terribly bored in school after sixth grade, so I'd say I missed about one day a week.

College- completely downhill, especially after I broke up with my high school girlfriend and started partying like a rock star. Ended up dropping out completely when I discovered that the psych major I had been pursuing for two years would net me a little over minimum wage when I graduated.

Work- Used to miss about 10 days a year due to allergies. Now it's 5 days a year- one due to sickness, four due to kid's sickness/doctor visits, etc.

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Good in elementary and middle school. Terrible in highschool. I never went to class in college, and I work from home now.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Rarely missed a day in grade school. I think I went 2 or 3 years in a row without missing any.

Missed quite a bit in college. During my 2nd semester of my freshman year at UTSA, I probably went to class about 20% of the time. Needless to say, I was academically suspended.

Work...I never miss a day unless necessary.

8. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I didn't miss a single day of high school unless it was on a school sponsored trip.

I didn't miss a single class in college until my junior year. My senior year of college I was on a full scholarship (covered food, tuition, housing, and books) and only had to take 12 hours in my final semester. The schedule my final semester was a joke. I had a class that only met once a week but the prof was pregnant AND a faculty member from another department. We met about 6 times all semester. My second class was a seminar where after a month the professor (who was later asked to leave his job due to stuff like this) just declared that two months of class would be "research time" in which we wouldn't have class until the final two weeks of the semester. Now, these were the only two required classes I had left, so I rounded out the schedule with two freshman level gen ed classes with no attendance policy. Beginning psychology and introduction to world religions. Oh yeah, I also set up my schedule where I didn't have any classes on Friday. Needless to say I had a lot of free time during this semester. I never went to the classes that did meet and ended up having way too much free time.

I went to law school after undergrad and feel like I couldn't kick a lot of bad habits that I picked up during that final semester of undergrad. I missed more class in my first semester of law school than I did in my first seven semesters of undergrad. My grades suffered big time. It's still a big struggle for me to make it to class, but I moved into a house about a two minute walk from the law school, so it's been quite a bit easier this semester.

9. Beck

Beck Contributing Member

Grade School - rarely missed a day
    High School - rarely missed a day
    College - Skipped a class a week probably

Work - miss 4-5 days per year, 2-3 due to kids sickness, 2-3 due to my own. I've been pretty healthy my entire life.

I generally do not come to work when I am sick. Everyone in our department will stay home if they are sick, so we don't infect everyone in the department. Usually, I'll work from home if I feel sick.

10. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

So do you guys think people who say present instead of here when called in school were jerks or what

Or you think maybe they were just raised real proper

trying to be different

maybe funny who knows

if you were one of those kids please respond asap and tell us why

honestly I'm still going to go with jerks

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Nearly perfect from grades K to 12. My parents were pretty strict. What's with you guys skipping class in high school? I could never get away with that crap. How did you do it?

College....lol....I turned skipping class into an art form. For my non-music classes, I usually showed up on the 1st day, got the syllabus, then only showed up on review days and test days. My girlfriend did the same thing and she got straight A's, usually the highest grade in the class. Me? Not so much. I was lucky to pull a C. I almost never skipped music classes because it wasn't allowed.

Work, I use all my sick days every year but never more than are allowed. Some people here never use their sick days because we get paid for the ones we don't use. But it's only 50%, so why not just use them? Life is too short to not take every single day they give you. Work to live, not live to work.

12. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Grade School K-5...really bad, missed the max allowed and then some but not as much 6-8.

High Scool - Once in a while but nothing crazy, maybe 5 in the fall and 5 in the spring.

College - All the time mainly because my teachers taught from the book with the exception of math classes I tried to not miss day for those bad boys.

Work - Try not to miss to many days usually take my 3-4 weeks vacation and use 3 or 4 sick days a year max.

13. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

So you never finished college? How did that work out for you? as far as making more than minimum wage?

14. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Didn't mind it if they where foreign, figured it was there culture.

The kids who where just trying to be a smarta$$ were annoying and no one thought they were funny but of course all it took was one person from there fan club to laugh and you couldn't shut them up the who semester.

15. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

Ha, I thought they were jerks especially in Junior High, it almost seemed that those who said present were the Popular kids or a "Jock", trying to be COOL or MATURE, who knows. The Point is they were stupid, by thinking one response will change your whole image. Typically all of those who were TRYING to be COOL were going to stick with their fast food job the rest of their life. This was Aldine Senior High School, so not much is expected.

But

16. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Grade/Mid school : had to be deathly ill to miss school
    High school : school by the beach, skipped every chance I had
    College : skipped that all together :p
    Work : work from home, no such thing as a sick day

Funny thing is my work ethics are a complete 180 to my social ethics. Go figure.

17. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

this was a cool rant man

I wish I could rep

18. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Generally would miss a couple days a year until my senior year wear I skipped class on a regular basis. I have numerous college classed that I attended less than 25% of the time. Almost always at work. I hate missing work.

19. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

grade school - other than being sick, perfect (i had 2 years of perfect attendance in Jr. High)

High School - just being sick but that was only a couple of times.

College - There were a couple of classes that i skipped more of, but mostly i was good about going.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Grade school - High School - great attendance.

College first couple of years.....average attendance...

Joined Sigma Chi Fraternity, attendance improved and so did grades.

Job - never miss a day unless really ill.

BBS- Never miss a day.

:D

DD

#20 DaDakota, Sep 11, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2009