1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

how did morris play today?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nalgas05, Apr 27, 2012.

1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

So the guy can't hit anything all year, until it comes time to move down a spot in the draft. LOL!

2. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

How did he play?

[​IMG]

Does he have the potential to be good?

New nickname for Mook....

[​IMG]

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Like a PF, who is masquerading as a SF.

DD

4. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

I'm surprised by the responses here. Morris is GREAT in the second half and clutch.

He defended/rebounded better and caused the moving screen offensive foul in clutch time. He throwed a beautiful alley-oop to Smith. He hit the clutch 3 pointer. He drove by his man in baseline and was fouled. He passed out of double for Lee's 3 pointer, then Lee helped to reestablish him for a low post over the top jumper...

If I'm the coach and want to make playoff, I'd also still stick to Parsons/Budinger lineup in SF. But I'll admit Morris is at least a better prospect than Budinger, who was on fire last night but faded again in clutch time(just like KMart and both are soft players due to their phsical nature).

1 person likes this.
  5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

First half he was sucking, but he was forcing up some shots. I think he is more skilled than parson's on the offensive end.

6. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Morris didnt play well in the 1st half. His expressions showed his frustration after some bad plays he did. 2nd half he got some good plays, started moving more, smiling more, and it looked like he was enjoying the game. Post that well he got involved with the plays and even hit that 3 close to the end

Note same thing happen with Smith.. started to make plays in teh 2nd half and demeanor totally changed. Smith though has allot more work to do than morris IMHO. It didnt seem like he has a good bball iq like morris.

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Morris should be in the post, its where his comfort zone is. Running him in the corner over and over is pointless. Power Foward or Small Foward who gives a damn if the guy can score on the block. He's not going to pound the ball into the floor and make something happen. Spot up or post up thats about it, ask him to do anything else and you're dreaming. Amazing they haven't figured this out, its as puzzling our rotations at the end of games that matter. That being said, the kid has to keep workng.

8. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

I agree with this word for word. It was painful to watch anyone on our team in the first half, except for Buddinger. Then finally, in the 4th quarter, something clicked with Morris. He seemed to get it. For about 5 minutes in the fourth quarter I noticed that he was a part of everything that was happening in the Rocket's favor. He was full of energy. And he was making great decisions. He finally showed me enough potential that I have something to look forward to from him...

But before the 4th quarter of the last game of the season, I gotta say...this man gave me nothing. I just hope when it clicked on at the last minute of his rookie season that it stays on. No relapses.

9. DaDakota

He looks slow, and lacks explosion - to me, he looked nothing like a SF...

DD

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

You have posted some funny stuff and some dumb stuff, but this is by far your greatest,lol. The Stark Channel,lmao

11. onreego

onreego Member

Might be an issue of playing time. Honestly, you can practice all you want but until you actually get on the court in a real game everything changes. But once you get comfortable with time it all starts coming to you.

An offseason of work with summer league and then training camp should do Morris well. He seems like a guy that is willing to work to become a better player.

As far as explosion DD, I think this can be increased by specific training. He's still young but the only issue is if you're saying he has none whatsoever, then that will not bode well for his future. I haven't seen enough of him to truly judge that though.

12. DaDakota

It can be improved but he doesn't look QUICK if that makes sense, everything seems pretty slow to me.

And to play SF in the league you need to be quick and explosive- unless you are Paul Pierce and then you have craftiness on your side, and I don't see any of that.

DD

13. Nook

Nook Member

Morey: "The sky is blue"

DD: "The sky is red with fireballs.... errrrrrr I HATE YOU."

14. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Thank you... Someone who isn't just blindly hating for no reason. Looks like a few of us actually watched the game and watched him play.

15. STR8Thugg

Well Morris looks 1000x better than PPat to me....

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I was impressed with how he stood in the corner on every set. Way to stay active, rook!

17. STR8Thugg

That was how McHale drew up the play.

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

what are you rolling your eyes at?

The fact that he still hasn't figured it out, despite being in the DL, or that people actually expect him to have it figured out, despite being in the DL?

20. allanivan

allanivan Member

I really don't understand why we did not post him up in the low post more, may be because Aminu was very big 3,too. There was one time, he posted Belineili or Vasquez, he did very well I think. I think he need to work on his low post game more this off-season, post-up and fade-away jumper, and that will be unguardable. That is where his potential is, a match up nightmare.