1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is today's Best Perimeter Player in the League?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by lancet, Jan 2, 2005.

?

Who is today's best perimeter player in the league?

1. T-Mac

63 vote(s)
    53.4%
  2. Kobe

21 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. LeBron

34 vote(s)
    28.8%
  1. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

My choice would be T-Mac. The only other players comparable to T-Mac's level are Kobe and LeBron.

Kobe currently has more to show than T-Mac because of the 3 championships with Shaq. But look what happened to Kobe this season. He is #1 in triple doubles, #1 in minutes, #2 in scoring, but he is #1 in turnovers, and shooting at 40.0%, his career low. Kobe's play this reason reminds me of T-Mac in 2002-2004, lots of stats but far less when contributing to team wins. Lakers are winning more games than the old Magic because their roster still has tons of talent. I have yet to see Kobe hitting any clutch shots this season, even he has been praised the best clutch player in recent history. On the other hand, T-Mac has hit clutch shoots in at least 8 games so far this season. His is 13 points in 33 seconds vs Spurs is just simply unbelievable. Comparing T-Mac's clutch play vs Kobe's clutch play this season would be like comparing Kobe's clutch plays and T-Mac's clutch plays before 2004: simply uncomparable.

LeBron has played awesome in two seasons, but he has more to learn. I would say at least 2-3 years before he reaches T-Mac's level, if he does. Last Rockets vs Cavs game was the perferct example. T-Mac went for 34 pts 7 reb 5 ast. LeBron went 3 pts 3 reb 5 ast. Although LeBron only played for 17 minues, he was 0-5 FG with T-Mac guarding him. The more telling facts: T-Mac was guarding LeBron, with Silas has Newble guarding T-Mac, simply because LeBron has yet to learn to play NBA defense at elite level.

Your thoughts?

#1 lancet, Jan 2, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  2. SaFe

SaFe Contributing Member

Its hard to say Kobe is best when u look at his fg% and TO. Compare Kobes current stats to what T-mac did when he was solo in Orlando (other then last season). T-mac owns him.

But taking these stats into account, I would have to say Lebron is much more impressive then both of them at the moment. He may not have the flare and style that kobe and t-mac both have, but his numbers are just so solid that you know he is going to be great.

3. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

What criteria constitutes being a "perimeter player?" When I hear that, I automatically think of a shooter. If that's the case, then hell, Kyle Korver could be the best perimeter player. I can better answer if this info. is provided.

4. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Easily answered: of non-post players, who contributes most to their team's success? Kyle Korver, for example, probably wouldn't shoot the percentages that he does without people creating open shots for him.

5. jcantu

jcantu Contributing Member

They are all great and each has his own special talents. I think Kobe may be a slightly better defender than both of them (although this may be due to Shaq in the past), Tracy McGrady can shoot over just about any defender in the league, and Lebron has amazing vision. You can't go wrong choosing any of these players.

6. Remix

Remix Member

Ray Allen

7. surrender

surrender Member

I hear that Dwyane Wade guy is pretty good

8. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

As of this season, it's gotta be Ray Allen.

9. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

I absolutely love that guy.

Was he not the same guy that cost my UK Cats a place in the final 4. Gosh he has really improved alot this year. Can't really go wrong with either tmac, Bron Bron, Kobe or Wade.