1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[1560] Thomas Robinson on being traded to Houston 2/26

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H-TOWNSFINEST, Feb 26, 2013.

1. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

Lock if already posted.

Click link for audio:
    http://www.ysr1560.com/mp3/files/0226thomasrobinson.mp3

[​IMG]

Really looking forward to seeing T-Rob play. How many minutes does he get against the Bucks tomorrow night?

3 people like this.
  2. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Shout out to CF.net - pretty cool!

Initially I would agree with the hosts that Morey fleeced the Kings. However, the more I think about it, I think it is actually quite even: Robinson is not a proven commodity while we sent out a capable backup PG, and a just below average PF starter in PatPat. The Kings got exactly what they wanted, and the Rockets got a good prospect, even if it's not quite what they wanted/planned for.

I really hope he puts in tremendous effort here - that's all that is necessary for him to get game-time minutes in 3-4 weeks. From his comments, I think he realizes that so let's hope for a good show

3. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Good interview.

4. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

(very brief) recap, anyone?

5. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

The fleecing comes only from the value of a lotto pick.

That #5 pick a month ago was worth Kyle Lowry + #14 + #16 pick to the Kings, now it is worth essentially Patrick Patterson and trash.

The #3 pick was worth James Harden.

It's all about value of the assets you get into your hand, the Kings shopping around Robinson could've gotten a lot more than Patrick Patterson and trash.

6. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

A few months ago* (when it was draft time)

7. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Low lotto picks are valuable when they are unspent or they are used for a proven player (Durant, Harden, Lebron, etc). The #5 is already spent. The mystery is gone. And Robinson is far from proven. He has to improve to bring his value up because if he stays the same it was a waste of assets and salary cap space.

I hope I'm wrong and the Kings do suck, but I don't think all of his play can be blamed on the Kings.

8. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I follow KUboobs too. :)

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Ed Davis was nothing special his rookie year, and now he's the reason you trade Rudy Gay.

Tristen Thompson and Enes Kanter looked poor their rookie years and now everyone thinks they have bright futures.

Larry Sanders looked bad for his first two years, and now look at him.

Derrick Favors and Evan Turner didn't exactly set the world on fire their rookie years, and now they're franchise players.

Greg Monroe had the same per minute stats that Robinson did his rookie year, need I say more?

...patience people! Patience.

10. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

All that is true, but at present the already used #5 pick has decreased in value because Robinson did not impress in Sacramento. Just like ArtV said, there is less mystery in it. Because of this, I think the deal was closer to being even than one-sided.

11. Bids9

Bids9 Member

Spot on. So many people are so impatient.

Give him time people. Hasnt even pulled the Rockets jersey on yet and people are already questioning him. Give him time.

12. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Awesome interview.

13. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

bingo, we didnt robbed or fleeced the kings like the media or some members here made it out to be. It's still a big gamble cause the dude's raw and unproven.

14. Outlier

Outlier Member

Man, I hate listening to T-Rob speak. His voice is so muffled. Hard to understand.

15. loveofthegame44

16. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

KU boobs you say? brb

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

Agree, I don't know what he said. Not really concerned that he is not an awesome interview; let's see what he can do on the floor.

18. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

Synopsis:
    The radio hosts believe Morey has fleeced the kings (as most people do)

TRob avoided answering whether he was pleased to leave the Kings

TRob is enjoying his tutelage from McHale (every day after practice) and is excited to be on an organisation with him and CD helping him hone his big man skills

Still looking for a new nickname from TRob.. Hosts suggest Tommy Robinson, TRob rejects that

His number zero means ‘ground zero’ to remind him he came from nothing and has to work his way up

TRob doesn’t mind what kind of minutes he gets (all rookies will say this though..)

Got his first tattoo when he was 15 or 16, it is a RIP tattoo for his cousin on his bicep

Hosts introduced TRob to CF.net and the big rivals that TRob has to play hardest in

1 person likes this.
  19. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Seemed like his voice was cutting out at some points. I could either hear him clearly or not hear him at all.

20. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

'Tommy Gun'?

'Tomahawk? For the throwdown slams?