1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Dedicated Thread] Fire Frank Bush

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ghettocheeze, Nov 13, 2010.

1. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Okay I don't usually start random threads asking Houston sports team to fire someone let alone a defensive coordinator. But Frank Bush in my opinion is the single most incompetent member of the Texans organization. He is a laughing stock of a DC with his terrible gameplan and personnel mismanagement. If Kubiak wants to save his coaching job then he must immediately fire Bush and find a decent replacement or his fate will soon be sealed.

Don't get me wrong the players deserve a lot of the blame for playing poorly but the overall burden falls on the coaches for not coming with a better gameplan and to ramp up the intensity on defense. We have the personnel to play like a good defense. Our front 7 does a pretty good job but our secondary is really killing us with poor tackling and bad positioning. Bush has done almost next to nothing to address these issues and he continue to play his style of defense even though the players are not being matched to their skillset. Overall Bush is just terrible at coaching a defense with no adjustments or planning for playing in the same division as Peyton Manning. Its time Bush is shown the exit or Kubiak is going to walk out the door right behind him.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

No need to qualify your statement, everyone knows Frank Bush is incompetent and knows he has no business being a defensive coordinator.

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I support this. On track to give up the most points and overall yards in team history. And this is with handpicked personnel, only Mario left on that side of the ball from the CC era.

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I am not sure that the personnel can play good defense.

I will venture that the Texans have EPIC FAILed in developing players. Other teams can take mid round defensive picks and turn them into starters. The Texans can not.

5. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Not 100% true but definitely a disturbing trend. They developed Zac Diles (7th round) into a starting linebacker.

The real problem is developing secondary players. There's just a total inability there. We had several picks who flashed promise their first season and then totally fell off the map the next season (e.g. Fred Bennett, Antwan Molden). I just don't understand it when we have both a defensive backs coach AND an assistant d-backs coach who was a former NFL Coach of the Year (Ray Rhoades). What the hell is Rhoades doing?

6. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I never really bought into Frank Bush as the defensive coordinator. The first thing that rubbed me the wrong way about him as a coordinator was when he said in his first press conference that he would run the same defense that Richard Smith did, but he would just push the players to "be more aggressive." As if a lack of aggression was the problem with the defense.

I don't think Bush is the entire problem on defense. The secondary is flawed, the linebackers have been ravaged by injuries, and the pass rush is again inconsistent. That being said, Bush needs to go because the Texans really need to start over. I know fans don't want to hear that, but it's time. The Gary Kubiak good ol' boys network of bringing in everyone from the Shanahan coaching tree and players that played in Denver has gotten the franchise nowhere.

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Lack of aggression is a huge problem for them. Sure there is a lack of experience in the secondary and injuries for the LBs. But the line seldom finds that extra gear to set a pace. Why does Mario only play extra hard when he's hearing boos (like in Washington)? He's certainly not commanding double teams as much as before, and I think we can all agree he's being outplayed by Smith despite what the box score says.

There are times when the DL gets super aggressive, and it tends to create good results. We saw how good they can play, like in that 4th quarter against Washington, or that first possession against San Diego.

8. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Greg Davis has proven time and time again that he can stop a potent offensive attack in the college ranks, why not give him a chance as Texans DC?

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I wonder if it is all coaching.

Babin not looking so bad for the Titans.
    Travis Johnson is looking at least like he belongs in the NFL now

Rocket River

10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

As long as he takes Kubiak with him.

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

The "red carpet zone" scheme is terrible and Bush is terrible and he should have been fired a long time ago.

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

I've never understood why Kubiak never hired a "defensive guru" during his stint here. It's one thing to hire his boys on offense, considering that's his forte anyway, but it's not like the Broncos have been known for their shutdown defense over the years. Even during their Super Bowl era, their "good" defense was more a product of having an efficient, balanced offense where they don't have to play much.

13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Yeah and the rest of his Bronco Nation.........

14. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

"Frank Bush is doing a great job"

15. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Another week another undeserved paycheck for Frank Bush. Fire the damn clown already. How worse can our defense get at this point? Kubiak you're acting like a moron denying the truth and hanging to the old crony loyalty crap even though your coaching boat has perhaps already sunk.

I hope neither of you ever get a coaching job ever again. This is painful to watch. I rather go back to the expansion days of Capers when we at least had a legitimate excuse for playing terribly.

16. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Wow, am literally shocked that this guy still have his job.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm not sure there are many teams in the league that wouldn't have fired this guy 2 weeks ago.

18. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

(Delete) - Wrong forum

19. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

My wrath for Frank Bush isn't all-consuming. He's a very good LB coach out of his depth as DC, just like Kubiak is as HC. Not saying I want either to remain at their positions, but my anger is tempered by good things they do bring to the table.

The guy that is truly and completely indefensable is David Gibbs.

20. conquistador#11

You guys know what I saw yesterday during the turkey day games? When a Defensive player missed an assignment, the coach would take them on the sideline and scream at them, in two cases, it :gasp: resulted in the benching of those players! :eek: Is that allowed? it's not verbal abuse?

I hate our lack of coaching. =(