1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Expectations

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by darin1998, Jan 30, 2003.

Tags:
  1. darin1998

darin1998 Member

What are your roster, rotation, and overall strategy expectations for the rest of the season?

The reason I ask is because I cannot see a scenario, at this stage of the season, where Rudy and CD make any significant changes to the above. I completely understand that, as a fan, something needs to change but I believe that Rudy and CD are too risk adverse by nature and would rather let things take their course (btw, moving KT was a given even during the off season so it doesn't count).

Is this risk adverse nature why Rudy is so "slow" or non-existent in making significant adjustments during games? Is this why we have seen no significant growth out of this team this season (or even the past 2-3 years)?

I think that Rudy and CD would let this ship take its course rather than make any drastic decisions that may more adversely affect the situation.

I think the biggest risk is another non-playoff season where current players are so apathetic towards management that they would rather not be in Houston.

Can we really wait another year for this team to "grow?" I don't think so...

2. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I disagree that Rudy and Co. are adverse to risk.

Read: acquisitions of Barkley, Drexler, Pippen. And the near acquisitions of Sean Elliott and Damon Stoudamire.

When they feel they have a glaring weakness, they do what they can to fix it.

The question is, do they think they have a glaring weakness?

My expectation, if this roster goes untouched is 45-50 wins still.

In an ideal world, Francis would be traded for a decent PG, and a good whatever position player. I think this team sorely lacks quality depth. And it shows whenever our bench has to come into the game. I would also try to trade Mobley for a decent banger/defender like a PJ Brown-type.

What the Rockets need more than anything are guys that have "it". Really, only Yao seems to have "it". I think James Posey in a way, has "it". "It" mainly being just having the ability to know how to play basketball.

I don't think that suddenly Francis and Mobley will ever become smarter players. At least when they are in their physical primes.

I would trade them before their trade value plummets, if the Rockets continue to severely underachieve. Unfortunately, there is no Jason Kidd we could trade for Francis.

#2 kidrock8, Jan 30, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2003