1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official CLUTCHFANS Awards Thread!!! Results!!Join us.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ai_111, Jan 4, 2009.

1. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

Note: I wont announce all the winners at the same time. It will be like a real award. I will post video, photos,etc before announcing the awards.

Let's start!!!

[​IMG]

Welcome everyone to Clutchfans Awards!!!
    This is the first Cluchfans Awards and I hope that everyone is going to love it. To start the night, we will show you guys a video. After watching that video, you will say to yourself, hummm, how the hell did this guy get this job?
    Everyone, here the THERE GOES THE DYNAMITE!!!
    Enjoy.
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W45DRy7M1no&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W45DRy7M1no&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hahaha!!! I just cant stop laughing, but at the same time, I kind feel bad for him. Now, we will announce the first award of the night; THE BEST YOUNG ROCKETS TALENT.

Nominations:
    Landry
    Brooks
    Scola
    Dorsey

The award goes to AARON BROOKS!!!
    [​IMG]

Other awards will come later in this thread. You can post your comments now. Stay tuned!!!! More to come!

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Thank you for this thread, not a lot to make one smile right now with the Rockets.

DD

3. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

Come back later in this thread, cuz more great pictures, videos will be posted. Also, other awards will be announced.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm going to vote for Uma Thurman for Oscar...any day of the week. Just so you provide videos and pictures.

ok, so I just saw Uma once again in Henry and June tonight. She was only 20yrs old in that movie. I swear people in the 20's had better lingerie than now. The garters and lace bodices. u m a.

where was I?

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Anything and everything about the Houston Rockets :rolleyes:

6. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

OMFG. You're right, how did that guy get that job???

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

dude,i think it's and BOOM goes the dynamite....gotta love Wayne SUMMERS and Hack'em Warrick.

8. allforone

allforone Member

I thought he's gonna cry there.... reminded me of a colleague of mine from Czech republic, who constantly GIVE himself UP trying to talk in English.

A.Brooks truly deverves the award! GO!

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

Ha! Looks like that statuette is ripping open his chest and saying, "Look, I have no heart whatsoever!"

Give it to Grady.

#9 topfive, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  10. kkkpopov

kkkpopov Member

I love this thread which more interesting than the "i have done with **" ,
    totally agree BROOKs win this "THE BEST YOUNG ROCKETS TALENT"

11. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

CONTINUATION

Hey everyone,
    now we will continue the award. Two other awards will come later. Before that, we have two videos that you guys may like and that may entertain you. Next time, later, I post post some great pictures about the NBA that I have found, but for that you will have to wait. Also, I know that not all the videos and the pictures have something to do with the Rockets or the NBA, but the award itself is about the Rockets and the NBA. The videos and pic are there to entertain you. I hope that it does.

So,lets go to the first one. That video is so funny. Look very closely at the expressions. They are too funny especially the little one.
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_OBlgSz8sSM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_OBlgSz8sSM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hahaha... Charlie bit me!!!

Now, the second video. For this one, you have to have your volume on. If you put it off, then, the fun is gone. I am sure that you will like this and have a big smile on the face.
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HqGsT6VM8Vg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HqGsT6VM8Vg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

So, how did you like the commercial? :p

Now let s go to the awards.
    First award is the best Rockets 3 pointers.

Nominations:
    Battier
    Artest
    Barry
    Brooks
    T-Mac

The award goes to; this one was actually very close between Barry and Brooks. But, the winner is once again Brooks!!!
    [​IMG]
    Two awards for Brooks.

Let s go to another award which concern the NBA. It s the most promising young talent in the NBA.

Nominations:
    Durant
    Rose
    Oden
    Mayo
    Beasley

Winner:
    I thought that this one would be close, but I was wrong. Durant is the great winner!!! No, ;) I was just joking. Derrick Rose is the winner.
    [​IMG]

So, it s time to say good bye once again. Stay tuned, more to come up. Post you comments and I hope that you guys liked it.

12. killer instinct

SCOLA is the hardest working player and you give it to a guy who will get swatted by my grandmother at the hole in the last 2 seconds?

RECOUNT

13. yobod

yobod Member

What in the name of all that is holy is going on here? Did I stumble into some alternate universe or something?

14. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

I didnt decide, it was the members on Clutchfans that voted. SO, dont blame me for the results. Also, I think that Scola didnt even get one vote for the best Rockets young talent.

15. killer instinct

Shoot first PG who can't get the ball to his biggest man is your MVP?

these are threads that belong in APR-May-June, when our season is over.

If he is our starting PG...... APRIL is the perfect time to start this thread.

I hope I can vote for him then but 2 yrs running Scola is the blood on the court for this team.

16. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

That awards that went to Brooks were best 3pt shooter and best young talent.
    For the young talent, I think that he win over Scola because he is a lot younger than Scola. Scola is like 28 years.

17. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Brooks over Barry in the 3pt competition? Wow what a travesty. :eek:

18. Landlord Landry

yeeeaaaa, I'm a lil lost as well.

19. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Hahahaha

This thread is golden.

Literally.

20. killer instinct

don't forget the Joe Roach award....... he qualifies according to NBA standards.

When I think of AB I think of a good back up who can score but can't see over a press in the last 20 seconds of the game down by 1....... but he gets it off somehow to artest only to get the ball back and be blocked out of bounds as time expires.

Everyone else here goes oh WTF....he should have...........

I reply wtf do you expect?...... he's 6 ft tall and he's no Iverson.

I would hate to lose in the playoffs because he's getting posted up down the stretch.

PS Was the voting before Bibby made him his..... well you know.......... :p

I want him to do good don't get me wrong but to me it only points how weak we are at PG that some have become enamored with this guy.

SHOOT FIRST PG's are great backups but they are not starting material on a team with so many other options.

SORRY