1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Deeks] Dwight Howard's recent nterview throws up more questions than answers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, May 20, 2016.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

in full :http://www.givemesport.com/782394-d...terview-throws-up-more-questions-than-answers

[​IMG]

#1 RV6, May 20, 2016
    Last edited: May 20, 2016
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Yawn. Need to create a big ****onDwight megathread and lump all this stuff into it.

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Look, we've always know that the Dwight is, at best, a complete tool.

Might as well get our kicks in now, while the season is still raw and ******* is on his way out.

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Fair take, I think.

5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Not our problem hopefully

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Better make sure he opts out before we kick him. ;)

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Extremely fair.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Dude needs a psychiatrist. He's too insecure to even get help for his insecurities.

9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

At least the guy wasn't making a spectacle of himself by openly b****ing to the media all year... and he didn't pull the Ron Harper "I'm in jail" bs...

I'm disappointed that he allowed his displeasure to carry over into his effort... but it could have all gone far worse...

A stronger coach could've kept things from becoming so tense...

10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

He already has two of them for the last couple years. He's beyond help at this point. He's always gonna be the same.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

oh yes he did...in his own way, but he did.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Or could have bench his ass like Carlisle did with Rondo.

13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Why does Hardeb get a pass for Dwights displeasure? Sure Dwight is ultimately responsible for his own effort on the court, but when your co-star ignores you, how would you expect him to feel? I noticed it all season. Dwight would run the floor, duck in under the basket and nobody would even look at him. We didn't recruit him to Houston for that, he has every right to be pissed. Not giving him a pass for talking publicly about it or for letting it effect his play, but what else could he do on the court to help this team. Harden didn't care about the team either.

14. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden has gotten no pass on this site or in the national sports media. This is Howard's moment in the spotlight since Howard is the one on a media tour blabbing about team business and deflecting blame.

Harden gets his on the regular. Use the search feature to disavow yourself of that delusion. Both dudes have issues. ****ting on one isn't giving the other a pass.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Anyway the Rockets are basically let him talk cause he seems to be the only one who does not understand that more he talks more his value goes down...damn Dwight...

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Possibly the best article about Dwight I've ever read. It really shows the disconnect between what he says and what he does -- and between the ideas he THINKS he's getting across in interviews and what he's ACTUALLY conveying. Basically, the guy is a massive contradiction.

The key takeaway from the article is that Dwight is now at the point in his career where he needs, as a player, to do whatever it takes to fit in and help his team win. Instead, he thinks he's still got what it takes for teams to build around him.
    <BR>

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I finally took the time to read the entire article. He wants the ball but he doesn't want to shoot. What the **** are you supposed to do with that? lol Mental case. Im mad that I understand Lakers fans now, damn I was wrong.

18. Bigsupervise

Bigsupervise Member

You mean Howard is human and has feeling??
    Article is stupid...dude is a hall of fame center ppl acting like he's Kwame Brown

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

No , it doesn't raise questions .... The fact that Dwert is inefficient in the post yet wants more touches and highly efficient as the roll man in the pick and roll but refuses to play to his strengths says a lot about Howard .... Morey is right in this instance not to give him what he wants.

I've been saying these things since last season about Dwert's inefficiency in the post (and at the stripe as a result of those post opportunities) .... just search my post history .... Glad to see that Morey saw things the same way.

I have to wonder if this was a big part of why McHale was kicked to the curb - his willingness to cater to Dwerts wishes to the detriment of the team.

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

That's because Harden, despite his attitude have never really been cited as a bad team mate, or someone who burned bridges with coaches, GM's or team mates. He might club, or not play defense, but he has had no personal drama with any players, except for this season with Howard (surprise surprise)

Dwight on the other hand has pretty much burned and destroyed every team he was on and all left on bad terms. Everyone who have played or worked with him seem to be rubbed the wrong way by him.