1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight gone based on this article

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballplayer, May 19, 2016.

1. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Excert from a Article on ESPN
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15596878/dwight-howard-qa-superman-returns

I thought he might stay(for the money) but now it's clear to me he wants out.

ESPN: You mentioned your season in Houston didn't end the way you wanted. You have also admitted you were "disinterested" during parts of the year. Why was that?

Howard: "There were times I was disinterested because of situations that happened behind the scenes that really hurt me. It left me thinking, 'This is not what I signed up for.'''

ESPN: What specifically are you referring to?

Howard: "I felt like my role was being reduced. I went to [Rockets general manager] Daryl [Morey] and said, 'I want to be more involved.' Daryl said, 'No, we don't want you to be.' My response was, 'Why not? Why am I here?' It was shocking to me that it came from him instead of our coach. So I said to him, 'No disrespect to what you do, but you've never played the game. I've been in this game a long time. I know what it takes to be effective.'''

Morey declined comment.

#1 ballplayer, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Hahaha boom.

3. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

**** Analytic Geek
    **** Leslie
    **** Frauden

My foots already out the door just waiting for the killing blow

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Dwight is delusional. Remember when he said that Magic told him that he would never make it in the NBA on TNT. I doubt that ever happened. Perhaps a version of this conversation actually happened, but Morey definitely gave him a more diplomatic answer than "no we don't want you to get touches".

5. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

"It was shocking to me that it came from him instead of our coach."

If you ask GM, you get response from GM. If you ask coach, you get response from coach.
    Why did he communicate his want for more involvement to the GM instead of the coach?

Anyways, this is a shocking article. Opposite of how Howard talked about it on TNT...

6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Here we go again............

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Thank you sweet baby Jesus.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Awesome, Mr. Just Joined CF 6 Months Ago.

I hear the Warriors are still accepting bandwagon fans.

9. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

10. TheGoldenGreek

Glad Morey didn't cave. Dwight is not an offensive post up player. His production does not warrant post touches. He is inefficient and turnover prone on the block. He is clearly not willing to commit to being a roll man on offense (which he's exceptional at) and that's ultimately why he won't be back.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Yep and you expect future free agents to sign here after reading this ****. Is this how you treat your biggest FA acquisition?

This organization will be much better when the fat analytical geek who has never played basketball and is an egotistical front runner is dumped

Right now Harden runs this organization and has Mauri by the cojones.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dwight running to the media to tell another story, his story. SHOCKER!

Fat boy should have traded him at the deadline.

#12 J.R., May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol...I really don't know what else to say to this.

14. Play07

Play07 Member

Howard: "I felt like my role was being reduced. I went to [Rockets general manager] Daryl [Morey] and said, 'I want to be more involved.' Daryl said, 'No, we don't want you to be.' My response was, 'Why not? Why am I here?' It was shocking to me that it came from him instead of our coach. So I said to him, 'No disrespect to what you do, but you've never played the game. I've been in this game a long time. I know what it takes to be effective.'''

Morey declined comment.

****WOW i know howard wasn't good i've gave him a lot of BS but dang man thats tough !!!

once again MOREY fails why bring him here waste all that money for a guy to rebound and play D... I want morey gone soooooooooo bad

15. Play07

Play07 Member

we got a GM calling shots !!! LMAO !!!!

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

More touches? Lol. Yea so we can watch him brick 3 ft hook shots. No thanks and bye bye

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh man, no F'n wonder this team's chemistry was busted. This guy is going out there and basically confirming that he wrecks team chemistry.

Orlando: Tells them SVG lost the locker room. Yeah, when your star player says that what do you think the organization is going to do?

LA: Gets mad they didn't pick the coach he wanted...

Houston: Is upset at his role on the team so decides to pout about it the entire season.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dwight Howard again says he became disinterested this year after reduced role, tells of disagreement w/ Daryl Morey. <a href="https://t.co/Rqdd9IYdBz">https://t.co/Rqdd9IYdBz</a></p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/733314267902926848">May 19, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Dwight had the most post touches in the league this season....

1 person likes this.
  20. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Reminder: Zaza Pachulia was a more efficient post player than Dwight Howard last season.

Look, he definitely should have gotten more shots last year because good offense with good passers produces lots of easy shots for a big man. A better coached team might achieve that. That's not what he wants, though. He's been b****ing specifically about post touches since he was a Laker, and he's just a bad post player.

I have no sympathy for his problems.

1 person likes this.