1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we start posting up Jeremy Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hikanoo49, Dec 26, 2012.

?

Shall we post up Lin more?

Poll closed Jan 5, 2013.
  1. Yes, I want to see the "Lin Shake"!

49 vote(s)
    32.7%
  2. Yes, have Mchale, Yao and Dream teach him some post moves

24 vote(s)
    16.0%
  3. Maybe

19 vote(s)
    12.7%
  4. No, better to have him attack from the outside and dish

58 vote(s)
    38.7%
  1. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

Given that we are the home of some of the best post players ever (Yao, Hakeem, Mchale, Malone etc.), maybe they can polish up Jeremys post game a bit. He has decent size for a PG and nice to see him posting up Robinson "dont call me the Admiral" today :)

2. zdrav

zdrav Member

He's already a good rebounder so it wouldn't be the craziest idea to take advantage of his relative size against small PGs.

3. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

You know, Robinson might one of the smallest PG's in the NBA. Don't start acting like Lin has a legit post game.

4. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

5. Jedster

Jedster Member

I would think most 6'3" basketball players have learned a few post moves.
    Even at pickup games, those guys would be either forwards or centers more often than not.

1 person likes this.
  6. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

And have Asik spotting up behind the 3 point line?

1 person likes this.
  7. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

don't give Sampson any ideas....

8. SuperVon

SuperVon Contributing Member

Err merr gurd!

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

I said before that it would be smart for Lin & harden to add a post game in the off season. Lin has the size for it, & Andre Miller is a PG that uses a post game. It would do wonders for helping them mesh even better. I remember we saw Parsons in the post not to long ago as well.

10. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

someone please post that jlin post on NateR. Freaking hilarious.

11. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Being 6'02" ruined my basketball life. I went to a small college and always played center in pick up games and intramurals. I can barely make a free throw at this point.

12. WSWhippets

WSWhippets Member

That was such an awesome post by jeremy... He steamrolled Robinson. What I loved seeing was in the fourth when he and harden got together and said okay we are going to exploit Nate Robinson on the floor. For consecutive sequences they ran a simple harden/lin pick n roll to get a switch and then jeremy simply tossed it to harden who had the diminutive Robinson on him 1 on 1. Total mismatch and harden took advantage. Smart basketball.

1 person likes this.
  13. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

they tag-team raped poor lil Nate

1 person likes this.
  14. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

I think your join date's a little bit off...you know, where the 20"0"2 should be a "1".

15. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

agreed roxxy

also, post game as we all know is not simply about how tall a player is. Dream, Barkeley werent super tall but still dominated the post

we as a franchise has some of the best post players ever to play basketball (with one of them being the head coach), so i think it would add alot to our team if we had a few guys that can post to help w the spacing on the floor.

lin already demonstrated he can shoot the fade away, now just needs jump hook and some up and unders

16. itachen

itachen Member

I think we should give this guy a call instead... you know, someone who actually played PG? :p

HTML:
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tD7O1HmMD8k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. itachen

itachen Member

Sorry... still don't know how to embed Youtube here:

John Wall vs. Sam Cassell - Post Moves
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD7O1HmMD8k

1 person likes this.
  18. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

Lin actually did a few post-up plays when he was on the Knicks. but as you all know we're condemned from posting those videos here. D'Antoni wasn't impressed though, in post game interview.

19. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yup. Lin really loves using his size & strength so he strikes me as a player who would be open to that skill set. Also it would help him draw contact & get to the FT line a bit more which he really needs to be doing.

Really Lin did? Do you have video's of this & when did Mike Dantoni say this?

20. coach41

coach41 Member