1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Whitney Mercilus

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 26, 2012.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

There will definitely be some welcome to the NFL moments when they face the Texans. Nothing better than facing a young QB looking like deer in the headlights. Now I know how teams felt when playing against Carr.

Payback.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Steelers and other 3-4 teams do this all the time, you've got to have a guy ready to replace the OLBs all the time because eventually somebody's gonna get a sh-tload of sacks and demand a new contract.

Greg Lloyd, Kevin Greene, Chad Brown, Jason Gildon, Clark Haggans, Joey Porter, Lamar Woodley, James Harrison...etc

3. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

The black chick in the red skirt made me lol.

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Look closely in the back. That has GOT TO be the first Asian couple ever seen in an NFL draft family celebration video. :p

(No racist I'm in China right now.)

5. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/18843965/grades-2012-nfl-draft-round-1

Looking at the highlights of this guy I kind of get the same impression. He doesn't really dazzle me, but I'm sure Wade will put him in the right position to put up decent sack numbers.

6. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

so the guy who lead the nation in sacks is a C plus??? Yeah ok...

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Prisco didn't even have him going in the first round, which is surprising since most had Mercilus rated 3rd or 4th in OLB.

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

McShay had Mercilus going #7 to Jacksonville in his final mock. Goes to show how wide open this draft was beyond the top five or so.

9. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

There are a lot of college players that lead the nation in _______ but are garbage in the pros.

I do trust Wade to know what the kid is good at and put him in a position to do it well.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm not trying to say I don't like the pick, because I do, but even Wade Phillips can make a mistake with a draft pick. I know he nailed it last year with JJ and Reed, but he also missed (so far) with Brandon Harris. It wasn't like he was nailing it with the Cowboys either.

12. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

It's way too early to call Brandon Harris a miss. CBs typically don't turn it on until year 3 or so in the league.

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

14. conquistador#11

i don't think wade wanted felix or Dez. mr. botox has a lot to say with what went on in the duplex.
    I think here they all have an input with the players they like. Before wade, we had cushing, gq, Barwin, Mario, Demeco. I trust everyone's evaluation. Sure there will always be an okoye or three.
    Too early to call harris or carmichael misses. Cbs take a little longer in their development.

I really feel bad for the qbs we are facing next week. it could be like the old madden games from 94 where the ambulance drives onto the field every other series of downs.

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

very true.

Of course Wade can miss, but he has a good eye for pass rushers

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

My understanding is that the organization is pretty excited about Harris this year.

17. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

Right...also in 2010 he said this

No. 3: Buccaneers select: Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma Grade
    Analysis: After doing the work on this kid, I actually liked him better than Suh. He will be a better inside pass rusher. He is quick. The Bucs have Warren Sapp without the garbage. A

18. liljojo

liljojo Member

Really? Served up on a platter like that, and nobody bites?

THATS WHAT SHE SAID

19. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

They need to be considering we lost Jason Allen. We have some young DBs with experience and pedigree now. Let's just hope they keep putting it all together. Adding another big pass rusher doesn't hurt the situation.

Ready to see what we pull off during the rest of the draft. If we can pull off getting a nice WR with decent speed/hands/blocking, OL depth and a new 3rd string QB... i'll be a happy camper.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This still bothers me.

It became a sexy contrarian thing for some reason for wannabes like McShay and PRisco to bleat that McCoy was better than Suh, except for the inconvenient fact that Suh was superior by every possible measure (performance & productivity - while playing in the same conference even...., workout numbers, etc).

Then reality started and he became the most dominant inside force in the league after about 5 games. Nice call guys.