1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ric Bucher Tweet] ** Unconfirmed ** Portland trying to get Andre Miller and Hedo?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by AggieRocketFan96, Jun 28, 2009.

1. AggieRocketFan96

I'm following Ric Bucher on Twitter, go this tweet about 1 hr ago. Very confusing but it would seem Portland is trying to acquire Andre Miller and Hedo? Anyone else hear of anything like this? Here is the tweet below copied and pasted from Twitter:

RicBucher Some confusion over a previous tweet: Andre Miller to Por wd be sign+trade. They're hoping to sign Hedo straight up.

2. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

Although Bucher seems to be a somewhat reputable guy, twitter is going to take NBA trade rumors to a whole new level.

3. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Precisely my reaction.

the twitter age makes checking nbatalk.com every morning seem like waiting in line to use a payphone.

4. AggieRocketFan96

Yeah I agree. I will say that his tweets during the draft seemed fairly timely and grounded in some knowledge. I'm not sure I would make a thread in the GARM though from a twitter feed but for NBA dish, I figured it wouldn't be as a big a deal since its rumors about other teams.

5. worzel gummidge

draft right to Eliyahu → draft rights to Freeland.

Eliyahu was the Euroleague's December MVP. As a second round pick he does count toward a team's salary cap.

Blazers create about an extra million of cap space.

Rockets get a backup centre.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This would be going for all the marbles right now. The Blazers are in a strong position being one of the few teams with cap space this summer. As the big summer of 2010 approaches, I think teams are going to realize there aren't enough star players to fill all of the open cap space that will be available. This will be magnified each time a star re-signs with a team.

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

probably blake and outlaw for miller would work.

if they get that done, hedo might seriously consider signing there. especially if the magic don't want to add a 4th $10M+ contract to their roster.

8. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

If I had to pick a twitter account to follow Rockets trade rumors/scoop, I would without a doubt pick Mark Berman.

Not sure if he has an account though.

9. AggieRocketFan96

Again, take this rumor for its Twitter worth...if this deal actually goes down, it seems Portland is obviously looking to upgrade Steve Blake and Travis Outlaw. Not too familiar with those players contract status (UFA, RFA?) but in terms of their cap space would these or other players have to be let go/traded and if so who is most likely?

10. worzel gummidge

Blake & Oulaw have team options for next season, that means they can't be traded until after July 1st. Their contracts will be guaranteed after July 1st, but will also be expiring.

11. sbyang

sbyang Member

Makes lots of sense for them.

the 1 and 3 spots really killed them. Blake at the one and Batum + Outlaw at the 3 just isn't going to cut it if you want to go far in the playoffs. I wonder what the S & T for Miller would be? Outlaw + Frye + Bayless?

12. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Miller/Bayless
    Roy/Rudy
    Hedo/Webster
    Aldridge/Frye
    Oden/Pryzbilla

That would be a pretty sick rotation.

Maybe they would have to give up Bayless and keep Batum or Outlaw. Either way, this would make the Blazers a legit contender instantly.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Steve Blake and Travis Outlaw are expiring with Blake at $4.9 million and Outlaw at $4.0 million. This makes both of them VERY good trade bait. But if you ask me, Miller is barely worth the $8.9 million/year - 15% it would take to make this trade. The better deal for the Blazers would be giving up Outlaw and Jerryd Bayless (who may never fit on the Blazers). Blake plays very well off the ball at the 3-point line which is something Miller is weak at. IMO, Blake is the ideal backup PG.

Brooksball, that is indeed a sick rotation. My main concern would be 3-point shooting at the PG position. The Blazers also need to add some nastiness.

14. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Twitter is really going to change rumor mongering because it's so cutting edge and up to date. But obviously a lot depends on how legit the source is.

I will say this though, the yahoo sports twitter operated by Adrian Wojnarowski was by far the best source of info during the draft. Every trade seemed to get broken by him first.

15. AggieRocketFan96

Looks like Ric Bucher's tweet on this is now on realgm.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi...090628/blazers_will_go_after_miller_turkoglu/

Blazers Will Go After Miller, Turkoglu

Jun 28, 2009 11:01 PM EST

According to a Twitter post from Ric Bucher, Portland has interest in both Andre Miller and Hedo Turkoglu.

In order to acquire Miller, the Blazers would likely have to complete a sign and trade transaction.

But if Portland secures Turkoglu, it would likely be a free agent signing.

Via Ric Bucher/ESPN

16. abc2007

abc2007 Member

That's a good move for Portland. They will become a contender next season.

17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

This twittering thing is already getting on my last nerve. Anyway, it's no secret the Blazers are seeking a PG upgrade so the interest in Miller is not surprising at all. Portland desperately needs a veteran presence so Miller's addition could do wonders in terms of locker room and leadership. I like the idea. Turkeyglue? Not so much. Portland has enough wings.

18. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

i guess this is a good move by Portland,, this is their only cap room window after the botched attempt to force all NBA teams not to resign and subsequently play Darius Miles for 10 games..........

I guess Portland is out of the Lebron Sweepstakes

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I don't think Portland is going to be a contender until they make a serious commitment to defense.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

They improved a lot late in the season. Their PnR defense still needs work but at least they stopped switching 100% of the time. By mid-season, it became a joke.