1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Stern does not want us to have 2 high draft picks?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Johnson2000, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Johnson2000

Johnson2000 Member

This maybe the only time Stern helps us get in the playoffs( just to spite us out of a Top-10 draft pick in a deep draft). Its something i can picture him doing. Look at how he went and screwed us out of the Pau Gasol trade, i think he knew that we were gonna sign Nene, and possibly Hayes( that would make us number 1 in the West, and would throw a huge wrench in his plans to have maybe a Thunder/Heat, or Lakers/Bulls Final.)

With the Knicks doing so poorly, i think he knows we have a slight shot to have 2 high draft picks in this years draft.( Meyers Leonard, Brad Beal, or Michael-Kidd Gilchrist) and get our star player through the draft as things currently stand

Im not a huge conspiracy theorist, but i just think Stern is playing tricks with us. If you as a fan of the Rockets honestly want us to make the playoffs this year( instead of getting those picks in this draft, then you are delousinal at how good we really are)

1 person likes this.
  2. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

3. sgl_carlos

sgl_carlos Member

4. King901

King901 Member

I think he knew i had to crap earlier...

5. jacoby

jacoby Member

So Stern is waving his magic wand over our franchise and magically making us a playoff contender, JUST so we can't get a lotto pick?

Maybe he should do this more often.

6. Johnson2000

Johnson2000 Member

8th seed, good enough to make the playoffs and lose that pick, and bad enough to were we lose in the 1st round

7. Johnson2000

Johnson2000 Member

I guess its just a miracle that Rose ended up in Chicago or that Kobe threatned the NJ Nets to not draft him( or he would play pro-ball in Italy, thus forcing his way to the Lakers). The list goes on and on

the Lottery system is flawed, but it works well for Stern because he can put these young stars in cities needing an economic boost. Look at how Blake Griffin went to Clipppers(when should have been a King or Timberwolve)

The cavs recieveing 2 top 4 picks the year after LeBron leaves lol( come on if you dont think the draft is rigged or set in stone before hand, i cant help you)

Stern knows this is a deel draft, with some potential all-star caliber players inside. This is one of the few drafts Stern can not control, usually their are maybe 2 or potentially great players in one draft( so Stern can set the Top 3 to the cities he wants). This draft has stars from 1-15, all it takes for us is too get lucky

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

What would you do if you were me... seriously?

a) remove the guy's thread-starting ability.
    b) Just delete the thread.
    c) Let it ride and we all look like idiots.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Let it ride and lets others mercilessly poke fun at how stupid this thread is.

10. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

I say go with c!

11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

let the guy know not to post threads like this, close, and then delete...

just deleting it would make him question and possibly have a repost...

12. Johnson2000

Johnson2000 Member

Why would you remove my thread-starting ablilty( that is just my opinion). I didnt threaten anyone or anybody. Just using my free-speech

Just go ahead and delete the thread, it that makes you feel better

13. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Short of pulling a Tonya Harding on the star players on all the teams ahead of us, I don't really see any way that Stern can control who makes the playoffs.

14. Johnson2000

Johnson2000 Member

Im not a troll, i have a life

You attack me for no reason

15. King901

King901 Member

I'd say A, but acording to him, Stern knows what you're going to do.

1 person likes this.
  16. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Options a & b look like pretty reasonable actions to take...but everyone deserves a second chance....just saying.:)

17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Burn him" :grin:

18. Johnson2000

Johnson2000 Member

but he can have a strong influence

Kings vs. Lakers 2002 game 6

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You do realize that all teams have a chance to get the 1st pick right? And the worst team has a 75% chance of not getting it right? Imagine a shooter is shooting 25%, would you expect him to make the next shot? No. Even a 50% shooter misses HALF the time.

This conspiracy rigged lottery is the dumbest argument ever. EVERY team has their rep present at the time of the lottery draw, and it is done by a third party. In order for Stern to rig this, he would have to not only pay the accounting firm that handles it but also pay off every team representative.

20. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Do you really think that Stern nixed the Gasol trade JUST to screw the Rockets? Come on already, you can't be serious. The man is all about saving face and self preservation, so much so that it outweighs the better interests and credibility of the league. We ended up collateral damage of his misguided agenda. Wrong place at the wrong time. Is he an ******* for it? Do we have a right be angry about it? Yeah of course, but it is far fetched to believe that he was and currently is seeking to screw the Houston organization specifically.

You sound like those moronic right wingers who automatically blame Obama for everything that goes wrong in this country when it is clear that only 93% is his fault.