1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Request] Clutchfans Podcast

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rawool, Mar 28, 2012.

1. rawool

rawool Member

I tend to listen to multiple podcasts whenever I commute. I know Rockets.com has a podcast that is updated once in a while, along with the ones by SportsRadio610 w/ Clutch and Morey. I don't wish to replace them, but I have wished for a podcast created by the CF community. Has CF done one before? An example of an episode would be hosted by Clutch, along with some of the CF BBS personalities such as Carl Herrera, durvasa, and others. They would discuss the usual stuff (previous and upcoming games, stats, etc), but they would also involve the community by talking about popular BBS discussions and submitted opinions/questions. Just an idea I wanted to throw out!

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I have the ability to record and edit this if anyone wants to do one. I'd be down for a weekly cast, maybe a five minute segment with some people and their takes on the goings on of the Rockets.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Awesome idea, you forgot Bima for the numbers.
    Hope that thread gets supported.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I would listen as long as they took a call from DD and then hung up on him 5 seconds into it.

1 person likes this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have been trying to set this up for years.....

DD

6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I think we just figured out why we don't have a Clutchfans podcast.

7. dingus

dingus Member

The logistics of this are fairly easy. Doing it over Skype will produce fairly decent quality and is also easy to edit. Recording it during/close to Rockets' game time would make the most sense as we all set aside time to watch the games anyway.

8. ThaShark316_28

Pretty much..

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Somebody do play by play, I'll listen to anyone over Bill and Clyde.

10. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

I've dreamed of being a play-by-play guy, which is why I'd rather listen to the game sometimes on 610, but doing play-by-play on TV is a much slower pace. You have to have ideas to express in slow time.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I'm down to do it. Maybe we should have a meeting about this for those interested. A Skype conference call could be a good way to go about doing this and also is a good way to meet online and plan this thing. I personally like to use Audacity for basic audio editing and would be willing to be a part of it. I also know how to get this done through hosting/itunes. A Clutchfans specific cast would be great because it already would have an audience AND a host of personalities to choose from and with great areas of fan analysis.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

But how do we decide who gets to do it? As good as some of you guys are in these threads, I don't think it always transfers over well to on air radio/podcast. Are you as smooth and witty in your post as you are on the mic? Because I'm not trying to listen to a borefest here. That stuff just isn't cut out for everyone.

13. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Just google+ it so we can all watch a VIDEO podcast on youtube. Then we can be like Kenny Smith, Charles Barkley, and Ernie.

14. DaDakota

We were trying to do video though, Hayesfan and I were working on it, then a couple others, but the quality was just not there.

I think it would be great to have a show and have fans call in and talk Rox.

Much more interesting than listening to the guys on the radio....and believe it or not, that is what I went to school for, was broadcasting, so it comes fairly naturally to me.

DD

15. DaDakota

I did PBP in college, followed the Gene Peterson model, grew up listening and borrowed or was inspired by his style.

The problem is that PBP is illegal if it is not part of the NBA presentation, and if it pissed off the Rox they could shut you down.

Also, it would take a series of people that do it, as it is a fairly time consuming project, as some people can not do it every single game.

DD

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Bunch of angry pissed off Bill Ingram types???.... no thank you.

If the right people are involved its a great idea. If its a bunch of angry trolls that just love to argue it would be obnoxious and give a bad name to Clutchfans.

Which is probably why Clutch hasn't already done it. Having people he doesn't know or trust "represent" Clutchfans.

#16 dobro1229, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Love DD's video show idea, get the right guys and it will be glorious.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Who says we are all angry?

19. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

If done right, it would be awesome. Clutch hosts, Bima provides occasional cap updates, maybe durv tosses in some APBRmetrics, a few other charismatic, well-spoken, informed members chime in from time to time. Clutch could field questions via e-mail/through a designated thread on the board.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Not saying that. If the right people are involved it would be a great idea. You would be good along with Clutch, Bima, Durvasa, and maybe a few others.