1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Les pulled an A-Hole move

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Disciple2123, May 28, 2016.

1. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Les really put Morey in a tough situation this summer. In order for this D'Antoni signing to have any hope of working Morey needs to add so many key pieces. D'Antoni over his career hasn't shown the ability to adjust to the lineup he's given since the Suns days (Correct me if I'm wrong). Les is basically asking Morey to try and find pieces to replicate what the Suns had but that's never gonna happen! Usually just adding talent to a team is enough but in this case you have to add guys with specific skill sets. For example, everyone keeps mentioning Ryan Anderson. He would be a Kurt Thomas on this team. There's no way you pay a guy who'd be in that role a max deal. Those Suns teams were so athletic and Anderson just doesn't fit the bill for the amount of money he will get. Not to mention all the shooters you need to make something like this work plus a PG who is gonna distribute the ball. People keep saying Harden can be that guy but I just don't see it. You're gonna tell a guy who's been a score first guard to now become a pass first guard? When Harden passes the ball now he knows it's coming back to him. In the D'Antoni offense shots are going up so quick that he won't be gettin the ball back. We need to get a PG that's gonna be gettin him the ball on the outlet passes on fast breaks. I feel like Les is asking the impossible of Morey and it's an A-hole move.

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

This is a LOF thread in disguise. I can sense it. Trying to bring Lin back.

3. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Nope. Not a Lin Stan. I don't hate the guy but it's deff not a thread about that.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Why word it like that? Oh only Lin can be the full time ball distributor crap. You know what you were hinting at....

5. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Ummmm nowhere in what I wrote did I mention Lin...

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You set it up to bring Lin back...

7. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Lmao you rated the thread 1 star because you THOUGHT I mentioned Lin when absolutely nowhere can Lin be found in what I wrote... Man oh man!

8. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Lol how? (I know you're trolling but I'll go with it cuz I'm bored)

9. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

His effin team oh well

10. thedude077

thedude077 Member

It's Morey's fault that Les acted like this. Morey was part of the Mchale hire and he was also part of the fail Chris Finch project. That lead Les Alexander to be part of the coaching hire this year. Morey = Fail

11. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

That's the most frustrating part. I mean not much can be done when it's the owner making these moves.

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Everyone pulled an a hole move

13. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

I can see where you're coming from and I agree with a lot that you said. But Les didn't have to choose D'Antoni at the end of the day. But like another poster said, it's his team. He does what he wants.

14. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Hmmm explain? You referring to Morey and the stuff he did previous to this?

15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

On Bomani Jones show, Stephen Jackson said he was going to come on Stephen Silas' coaching staff if he was hired..

Pissed me off even more :mad:

16. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Lol what?! No way!

17. sabesque

sabesque Member

I think there's probably a way to consolidate these Les bashing threads.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Les Alexander wanted Kevin McHale as head coach.

Again, for the one millionth time Les Alexander chooses the head coach and always has, it isn't a democracy and never has been.

19. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Isn't this normal practice for other organizations as well or do other organizations allow their GM to make a decision as big as coaching on their own?

20. PhiSlammaJamma

Morey's job is to go get the players no matter how long it takes. Time to get busy living or get busy dying.