1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones is back people!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket2008, Feb 26, 2015.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not think Royce White or Williams are valid examples.

At that time he sought after talents no matter what. I do not think he intended Royce White or Williams to be Allstars.

Starters in the perfect scenario but not really Allstars.

Both players were allround players but neither had elite talents.

They did a lot of things well but not great unlike Harden who is elite at Scoring or Dwight who was elite at Rim Protection and Defense.

You could argue that Tsquid's rebounding was near elite but that is just for sake of an argument. (Elite in the Dleague but not NBA)

2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

You answered the test question incorrectly. Thanks for playing.

1 person likes this.
  3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Hmmm... Let me guess.... 3rd best player at the beginning of this season... Jones

3rd best player at the end of last season... Dwight Howard

4. basketballholic

------

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Terrance Jones reminds me a bit of Anthony Mason. Anyone else see that in his game? Great finisher around the basket, great handles for a big man, explosive and both had iffy jumpers.

7. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

I think you're basically saying that if you had lunch with money yourself you STILL wouldn't believe him and still think Jones is a replacement level player. BTW you've beed inconsistent on this as everyone points. You may or may not be wrong that DM values DMO over Jones (whether or not factoring injuries which clearly makes a difference). The problem is your insistence that Jones is the same as the other 250 NBa role players. He's now clearly proven he's better. Just bc someone isn't an all star doesn't mean their a player who may not be here long term. Putting aside injuries, it's clear he will be here for years to come. He's had increasing consistent flashes of exactly the type you want from your young players. He's laying 20 points against a number of established PFs. Just because he lacks some skills doesn't mean his other skills don't make up for it. josh smith could never shoot even in his prime and he's an above $10m year contract player. Right now I don't know who among dmo, jones and smith I prefer playing with the game on the line. That were even thinking that with a 2-3 year 23 year old who's had a little more than 1 year in the nba should tell you all you need to know. Think of it this way - Rubio is lacking the jumper far far worse than jones (relative to position) but you absolutely love him for other reasons. It's probably the same with jones, except 1. His injury is an aberration unlike Rubio who's been hurt 3 years running, 2. Rubio has been around 3-4 years longer so jones actually has time to develop a jump shot and 3. Jones is younger. A basically 2 year player who is strongly showing he can put up 17 and 9-10? Gimme some of that. Even if you don't think he'll ever be and all-star, he's already performed far better than most players at the same stage.

8. basketballholic

Proven to you. But not to me.

Nor does it mean they will be here long term.

Clear to you apparently. Obviously if he's traded you'll be caught unawares.

Increasing, consistent flashes eh? Is that the opposite of decreasing, inconsistent mistakes?

Just because he throws up some 20 point games doesn't mean he's consistent or a long-term great player and not just another player. There's more than 350 players in this league that can give you 20.

That's your opinion. I disagree.

This is his third full season in the league. He doesn't get a pass for playing poorly his rookie season and not making the rotation. Nor does he get a pass for being injured. That's all a part of a career. This is his third season.

Jones is 1 year younger and Rubio has been around 1 season longer.

There have been hundreds of players pass through the NBA who have shown they can put up 17/10 on any given night. He has performed a little above average compared to most players at the same stage of their careers but most players don't have the privilege of playing next to 2 future hall-of-fame players the second and third years of their careers either. Proper context and understanding role is important.

With that, I sure hope he continues to play as good as he is playing. In fact, I sincerely hope he continues to get better and better and better.

I simply don't see that drastic improvement that I need to see to feel like he's going to be a great player in the future. He's a decent contributing player right now. Puts up some spectacular numbers from a box score perspective from time to time. But....I still don't see him being a major individual, positive factor in a 7-game playoff series at this point. He may play a bench role and contribute to our success similar to what Smith and Brewer are doing now by making up a stellar bench unit. But I think he would struggle to defend any of the big tandems in the West and I sure hope Dwight gets healthy by the playoffs so Terrence can continue to be one of the cogs of the bench brigade. I think that role serves him best right now.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dobro this is hilarious. Batman is personal friends with Morey and this joker still trying to tell him he knows Morey's thinking. His reasoning is him and a certain Lakers fan emails each other on possible trades. He is also trying to bait the man into giving up confidential information.

Yes sir this is some high Def comedy.

Got my popcorn bro. Lol

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Hint hint just went over his head. Lol

11. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

basketballholic is just salty nobody ever wants to eat lunch with him

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You as a veteran fan should know that Morey's job is selling high (as you said before sales job)

Do I think Patterson or Marcus Morris is Top 6 talent in the draft (yeah arguably because that draft was not very good)

Look where they are now. That does not mean very much.

Do I think Morey does not know what he is talking about?

No he is just fooling the public to try to make trades with assets work!!!

The draft is too wild n crazy that people like Rondo or 2nd rounders can become allstars.

Royce and Tsquid both are out of the league after less than two seasons.

In White's case he did not even step foot on an actual NBA court.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Mason could play some point forward and was a beast on post defense.

So, not really.

14. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

terrence hasn't even reached his potential yet - i like his game next to DMo and JSmoove

15. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

1 person likes this.
  16. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Come on Batman Jones, you tricked him lol.

3rd best player at end of last season - Chandler Parsons
    3rd best at start of this season - Trevor Ariza

Terrence Jones had 7.2 win shares in 2013-14 as a 22 year old. He'd be the 4th best last year and at the start of this year.

People just don't understand how good Terrence Jones was LAST YEAR and RIGHT NOW. Even if he doesn't ever improve one single bit, he'd get $10 million plus on the open market. Tristan Thompson is a better rebounder, but worse offensive player, turned down 4 years $48 million last year. Terrence is better than him.

1 person likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I recalled that folks in here called Royce White A.Mason.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Or coin flips.

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

TJones is going to be crucial come playoff time. He's going to hit some big shots for this team.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Check my sig, jopatmc nearly nailed Royce's career. :grin:

If you want to join the legendary CF fantasy draft, you're welcome!
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=9594854