1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goran Dragic traded to Miami Heat

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Feb 19, 2015.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

BTW How can a guy that is 28 years old grow to be more selfish with age.

As he started out he at least had 5 or 6 assists and now he is tries to average 20 and 3 boards and sometimes 1-3 assists?

I think he took that SG in a PG's body too far. Some guys mature with age and he is doing a 360 degree U turn.

2. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Who can he pass to if he's the quickest guy on fastbreak?

He's great as a slasher in Miami. At the same time, this lets Wade rest and play more of a facilitator to preserve his knees.

Last night Goran found Haslem two times right under the rim, but he got fouled both times. So you could say he had 3 assists in 15 minutes, which is decent.

I mean, Harden averages "only" 7 assists in 37 minutes of play, but I'm sure you wouldn't call him selfish, because you know what situation he is in. Maybe you should give some benefit of the doubt to Goran too.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So do you think I fabricated his career assist rate of 4.5?

Damian Lillard is averaging more in his young career.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is fine with me if he is playing SG from here on. Harden is a better passing SG.

There are teams that need a PG running the team. Dragic isn't one. He just went out his way to become a shooting guard.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He has always been a scoring PG, the proverbial "combo guard." For now, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt that he was used as a SG in Phoenix and it turned into a habit.

6. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I didn't say that, please no assumptions.

Assist average don't tell the whole story. Is Rondo the best PG in last decade? He was looking for an assist first and played with three HOFs. Dragic is more of a scoring PG.

Dragic makes 58.7 passes per game with MIA which puts him in 15th place, ahead of Irving, Curry, Lowry, Teague...all combo PGs.

However if you look at Free Throw Assists - assist that led to a shooting foul, recipient missed and hit at least one FT - Dragic is first with 1.3, which tells us he puts his teammates in good position to score.

7. Play07

Play07 Member

9th seed usual

8. roidrage

roidrage Member

This trade was silly and pointless...dragic is definitely not as good as he thinks he is...However he is better with the left over refrigerated junk food we have at point

9. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Hell of a trade for Miami, really turned things around well for them

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

They make the playoffs with Bosh.

Unfortunately they got the Bosh news a day late and in the end, came up a dollar short.

Will Riley tell Goran to stick it out if he has the guts? :p

“This stuff is hard. And you’ve got to stay together, if you’ve got the guts. And you don’t find the first door and run out of it. We’re gonna find out what we’re made of here. It’s not about options; it’s not about free agency. This is time that you go home and take care of yourself and look at yourself and what are you going to do to come back and make the team better? Because we have a tremendous opportunity here for long-term success.”

11. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Heat would have been a sleeper in the East if Bosh was healthy. I was looking forward to them breaking some hearts.

12. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

If Miami offers the most Dragic will stay. He's all about the dynex these days.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It all comes back to Goran and his fabulous 'decision making' to win a title.

LMAO, In your face, Dragon!

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

dw he has a decent tv though

15. gah

gah Member

For me Goran is like that girl in high school/college that you have crush on, only for it to completely dissipate the minute you find she has a boyfriend, and you know him to be a douche and/or an idiot.

I imagine that's how most of us felt when he was traded to Miami, don't care much about him after that.

16. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

I thought 1st round exits are bad. 9th seed every year is even worse.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Except that Daryl Morey welcomes his ex girlfriends to come home

18. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

I like Dragic... but he is just not THAT good.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

And at his age... it's not like he's getting better.

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Exactly. Dude is cursed. He arrives in Miami to a playoff bound team. The next day Bosh is done for the season with a blood clot in his lung and the Heat wind up in 9th or even 10th place. That's 8 years in the NBA and only 1 trip to the postseason.

The Rockets dodged a bullet when they didn't trade for this guy. Can you imagine having to shell out 120 mil over 5 years to keep him around? That's the decision Miami has to make now.