1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

Is it really so absurd to think he could get there? Millsap didn't make an all-star team until he was what? 29 or 30? Jones is 23 right now. How many guys have come into the league without much of a shot and improved on it over the course of their career? I haven't seen a single person state that Jones will most definitely be an all-star, just a lot of people saying he has that potential. And as a 23 year-old playing like he is right now coming off a major injury? How can you say there isn't at least a chance he becomes an all-star one day? You can keep assigning arbitrary numbers and probabilities to Jones' future in the NBA, but the only thing we can really say right now is that he has seemingly improved every year he has been in the league and if he keeps it up, there is no way he isn't in the NBA in 5 years. Will he keep it up? Only time will tell. But it is absolutely absurd to say you are "50/50" on if he will be in the league in 5 years.

1 person likes this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not at all. Hardly anybody thinks Jones is destined to be an All-Star. There are just a number of posters who aren't unreasonable enough to think Jones is at risk of being out of the league.

3. Houston09

Houston09 Member

Why does this board always have people that argue about stupid stuff and take up 16 pages?

1 person likes this.
  4. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Agree with this. Want to know how he can be an all star in 3-4 years? Trade him east. If he averages 18 / 9 / 2 in the ease he's an automatic all star.

5. Aaron_D

Aaron_D Member

You just described pretty much every message board on the Internet.

6. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Stop feeding the trollaholic. Cyberx, any news on the Javale McGee front? Or others waived before March first?

1 person likes this.
  7. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Why are you even humoring this clown?

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Just in case anyone even thinks about taking him seriously.

He is a joke, it is just that he doesn't realize it (yet). Given his jpotmac form, i expect to see the balcoholic moniker disappear and the bobbythegreat moniker to re-emerge.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

For some reason I thought Delishman was his second username? Just an unconfirmed suspicion.

10. delishman

delishman Member

Curtis, ya' got murdered.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

TJONES started most of last season, put up great numbers for a 2nd year player. And some are still questioning is he a starter in this league. Every game he started this season we have won. He is averaging a whopping double double (18/12) with 2 blocks a game since Mchale has inserted him back into the starting lineup.

Come on man this is pure comedy, especially when someone thinks D. Morey would prefer Reggie Evans over T. Jones.

12. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Why is this thread still here?!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I think there was a stat for last season that showed the Rockets were almost unbeatable when T-Jones started and scored 10 or more points.

The 8-0 record with him starting this season is equally impressive, although I suppose that'll come to an end tonight against Atlanta.:(

14. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Only time will tell IF he will ever become an allstar! What has me baffled is how adamant you are that TJones will never be more than an average role player.

Question: If we had Chris Paul OR your favorite player on earth Rick Rubio on our team would that elevate his play on offense? Or would their outstanding playmaking skills be wasted on TJones? Does playing with an elite point guard make you better? We should probably hold back on making bold definitive judgments!

[​IMG]

#34514 BamBam, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cuban gives his guys money under the table.

You really think Dirk is making less money this year? "Officially" maybe...

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I had some pretty close ties with Cuban, and after the 09 season Dallas offered a low ball deal that Artest would accept and be paid under the table.

I said it and got flamed, but it does happen.

17. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I think any team with good defense can beat the hawks

As long as ariza or brewer handles Korver on the 3, I think our big man rotation is deep enough for mill sap not to destroy us completly

18. delishman

delishman Member

I am BBHOLLIC.

Let's get this rumor going: #PlowWithBbhollic

Usernames I currently am associated with: jpotmac, Bbhollic, delishman, yaomania345, PLOWMAN?!

I am not an insider. I am just friends with insiders who are inside.

DD

1 person likes this.
  19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Why isn't TJo starting??? :confused:

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So if Jones ends up starting for us in the playoffs this season, you will admit to being wrong. Right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.