1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

this year is over so he can hope to at least get down to McAllen next year

2. Metta

Metta Member

I just want to take a second and pat myself on the back for calling Royce White out as a fraud way back in November. ;)

This was BS from the get go.

2 people like this.
  3. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

You are one of many, including me, who are on record, both before and after the draft, of stating that selecting White was a risky, bad choice. Why did we need another PF when there was a quality back-up center available (Tyler Zeller)?

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

does my comments 'I am not impressed with his play during Summer league' 'not fan of his game' 'meh' count?

5. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Screw this guy, think of it like this.. IF he figures this sh/t out and becomes an ok roleplayer sometime in the future there is no way he will resign with us anyways after all this. So as far as I'm concerned he is worthless too me. It's going to take time to develop him into an NBA player and by that time he won't resign. SO other then a trade he holds no worth to our team, he isn't even good trade bait. Let him sit, sue him for contract issues or hold on to him to stagnant his growth until we need that roster spot.

Everyone is delusional to think he will stay in Houston when his contract is up if there are other similar offers. Accept we lost a pick this year and lets stop wasting any more valuable investments in this unstable player. At some point in his life he will have to man up, hopefully it's not on our dime.

That and be honest, you CANNOT rely on a player with extreme mental and anxiety issues to carry your team not only through the playoffs but through the finals

Can you imagine Royce at the free throw line in Game 7, 2 point game with .5 seconds left away with 20k+ fans against you?

#3385 Realjad, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  6. Nero

Nero Member

Whatever they do, I hope Morey takes whatever steps are necessary to retain his rights. Under no circumstances should he be allowed to just quit on this organization and simply go hook up with another team without the Rockets receiving some form of remuneration.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

Actually, given his incessant need to have a set schedule and familiarity in his life, IF he decides to play, he'll very likely stay a Rocket for his career. A new team and having to deal with strangers in a strange environment is horrible for him.

Also, Morey is playing this very coy, blaming most of the stuff on the CBA. I'm certain that even if the CBA allows it, there's no way Morey adds gazillion provisions in White's contract just for him, and make all Rockets employees sign stuff just to make White feel "safe." But he doesn't have to act the bad guy because the CBA does the job for him. It's why White places a lot of the blame on the league rather than just the Rockets.

8. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Seems to me this kid and his agent are setting this whole thing up for a lawsuit IMO.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Yes. This recent admission by White that the Rockets can't do much else because of the CBA looks like jockeying to get money from the league. Of course, it seems like everything the Rockets do is tailored for the defense in the coming ADA suit.

I don't think White's a fraud though. It's not like he'd be able to live the rest of his life on his $3m guaranteed, even if he did manage to win a suit. He'd be much better off with an actual basketball career. But, his problems seem to make that impossible.

10. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Just hoping the guy doesn't kill himself

11. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

The Rockets burned a nice pick (16th) on this kid, what a shame.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I could have been worse. At least we weren't the Blazers picking Greg Oden. In the draft, you take gambles on health.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Not as bad as the Eddie Griffin trade or the Three Picks That Weren't Rashard Lewis, but the expectations are higher outta Murray.

Those expectations hurt Morey since we expect him to flip that 16 into a top 8 pick with his math mumbo jumbo. It's all about risks in the lotto when you can't be horribly managed and get an okay to tank for a guy like Lebron or Kyrie Irving.

14. brick

brick Member

He's afraid to play, in the the D-league, period.

15. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

I wonder what Hoiberg is thinking right now and how much he screwed McHale :|

16. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

on court he has no problems with anxiety...as thats where he feels most comfortable...

17. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

his not doing this for the money as you earn more by playing..

lawsuits is too much anxiety