1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Feb 4, 2015.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Josh Gordon suspended one year

Johnny Manziel enters rehab

Browns and GM Ray Farmer facing possible suspension, fine, loss of draft pick for 'Textgate'

Things are going great in Cleveland! More on that here.

Packers' Letroy Guion faces felony charges

Cowboys' Joseph Randle arrested again

Colts' D'Qwell Jackson arrested for assault

NFL investigating Falcons for fake crowd noise [while owner Arthur Blank, more or less, admits wrongdoing]

Warren Sapp arrested [& fired] for soliciting a prostitute

Former Ravens NT Terrence Cody indicted for animal abuse

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

So IOW, the Browns are still the Browns...

3. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Just spoke to chip Kelly's dad for about 30 mins at my work about my eagles, such a great guy

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Did you tell him the Eagles suck and to trade us Nick Foles?

5. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

As a Bills fan I am keeping a close eye on the moves we make at the quarterback position. With Orton retiring and a new coaching staff in place Manuel will get a clean slate, but he will also be in an open competition for the job in 2015.

I can see the Bills having a 3 quarterback competition with Manuel, a FA signing and a QB from the draft. I hope we avoid the hype around Sanchez's resurgence in Philly and don't sign him. Not only will he command more dollars than the other FA QBs (probably around 8 million a year) I just don't think his arm can make the throws in Buffalo with all the wind and cold in November, December and hopefully January.

My pick would be Locker. The injuries scare me but he hasn't had anything that would hinder his arm strength or his mobility. Still young and in his limited time he has shown me enough that makes me want the Bills to take a chance. Also could be had for a prove it type contract (1 or 2 years around 5 mill per).

In the draft without a 1 we are not in a position to make a move for Winston or Mariotta. The two guys I liked the most in the Senior Bowl are Mannion from Oregon State and Grayson from Colorado State. Neither guy excels at any one aspect of the game, but I see a good enough combination of attributes that makes me think that either could work. Still early in the process but neither guy will go in the 1st because they don't excel in any one aspect, so I'm thinking either one can be had anywhere from the 2nd-4th rounds of the draft.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Thankful To Spend The First 3 Years Of My Career In GB. Unfortunately My Time There Has Ended. I Appreciate The Support From Everyone In GB!</p>&mdash; Brandon Bostick (@Bostick11) <a href="https://twitter.com/Bostick11/status/567403372848762880">February 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Lions face a $26.7 cap charge if <a href="https://twitter.com/NdamukongSuh">@NdamukongSuh</a> is franchise tagged. Last season, Suh, Stafford and Megatron accounted for 43 pct of cap</p>&mdash; Ed Werder (@Edwerderespn) <a href="https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn/status/567413697111265280">February 16, 2015</a></blockquote>

7. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I would just like to know how many hate-filled, overly-aggressive, and ignorant texts Mario Williams has received from his new teammate, Richie Incognito.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

reggie bush would be a great back up to arian...let's also jump on jacoby!

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Filed to ESPN: Bills have notified LB Kiko Alonso he is going to be traded to Philadelphia for RB LeSean McCoy. Trade official next week.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/572902611755659264">March 3, 2015</a></blockquote>

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Woah. Blockbuster.

Shady is screwed going from the Eagles elite O-Line to the Bills mediocre O-Line. Great move for Philly. Kiko is an elite player at a much more important position.

14. Remii

Remii Member

Wow...!!!

Good trade for both sides.