1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Off Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 30, 2014.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

Ya mean the jailbreak? Yeah, terrible.

2. Nook

Nook Member

I have to agree with you..... Very generic and boring. One of the worst in the NFL.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Rockets made the WCF and were possibly the second best team in the NBA. The Texans aren't in that class...

4. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Texans are mediocre at best and have been for their entire history. The Rockets had been to one conference and one NBA finals in their first 10yrs.

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Rockets went to their first Finals in their 14th year. You can't ignore the 4 years the team spent in San Diego.

There were also only 23 teams in the league then, 12 when they came into the league (pre ABA merger). So it was easier to make the playoffs and/or get to the Finals back then.

6. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

They still made conference finals in 1977 that was their 10th year and 6th in Houston. Texans still haven't done that and it doesn't appear they will anytime soon.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

I don't get your comparisons. The nfl and the nba are totally different leagues. You can't compare success in both leagues.

8. Remii

Remii Member

I don't think they're comparing them directly... But it's harder to win in the NBA than it is in the NFL considering the parody in the NFL.

9. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Parody, huh? You may want to look that word up.

10. Remii

Remii Member

Parity... My bad.

11. Cannonball

Still have to factory in time period. Rockets came into the league when it was small. Texans came into the league when it's as big as it's ever been (and may ever be). I guarantee you that if the Texans were 1 of 12 teams in the NFL instead of 1 of 32, they'd have had more success to this point.

More teams = more competition = harder to win championship. Also, fewer teams = easier to get star players (more talent to go around). And in basketball, it's easier for one player to transform your team and take you from loser to winner, regardless of the position they play. Only player that can really do that in football is QB. Imagine how much easier it would be for the Texans to find a franchise QB if there were fewer teams looking for one.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You might also want to look up some articles written about the so called "parity" in the NFL. It's a myth.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Any comparison between the Texans and Rockets is foolish.

The Rockets are right now arguably the second best team in the NBA this season, with a very innovative front office. The Texans are the epitome of mediocre with nothing inspiring other than JJ Watt.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

True. But what were you saying in 2012? The exact opposite?

15. Remii

Remii Member

How many teams were in the NFL when the Carolina Panthers came into existence...?

I'm not debating the more teams more competition... I agree with that. I'm saying it's harder to win in the NBA than it is in the NFL. There's more of a chance that a team can come out of nowhere and compete for a title in the NFL than it is in the NBA.

16. Cannonball

30. But you know that the League didn't like that the Jags and Panthers got kind of good kind of quick so they changed the expansion rules which made it harder on the Browns and Texans to get up to speed.

17. Remii

Remii Member

What rule changes..?

18. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Jags and Panthers got higher salary cap than rest of the league. They also got additional picks early on. The Texans and Browns got the same as the rest of the teams in the league.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I have no idea if Kaepernick's decision making in the pocket or on social media is worse; what an insensitive post he made on the Houston floods yesterday

20. Remii

Remii Member

That's interesting... But it's not an excuse for the Texans and the Browns. Charlie was a F up and the Browns are a F up.

People should stop putting these entertainers on pedestals. The only thing worst than what Kaepernick said is that people pay attention to his Twitter account and care about what he says... It's not like he's a Rhodes Scholar.